Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PWM issues with Z77 Extreme 6

Lord Odin is offline Junior Member

Default PWM issues with Z77 Extreme 6

I recently added a custom water cooling setup and it includes a PWM controlled res/pump combo (Swiftech Maelstrom). When I initially installed it, it worked correctly. After I put quick disconnects on the Maelstrom (rest of the loop already had them), the pumps wouldn't drop below 3000 rpm. I double checked all my power connections, its connected to the CPU 4 pin fan connector, my target speed is level 1, my target temp is 45C (minimum value), and I'm sitting well below that at 33C at idle. I've tried cycling the values in both BIOS and AXTU. The only way I can get the pump speeds down is with SpeedFan. Why would that be?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: PWM issues with Z77 Extreme 6

Curious, the second post about the PWM control on the Z77 Ex 6 when used with Swiftech CPU coolers: ASRock z77 Extreme 6 PWM help.

Are your fans (Swiftech?) running at full speed too? Are they on the same PWM controller?

Any chance that the device connected to channel 1 of the PWM splitter was changed when you put on the quick disconnects? That is, previously the pump was on channel 1, and now a fan is on channel 1, or vice versa?

Lord Odin is offline Junior Member

Default Re: PWM issues with Z77 Extreme 6

My fans are CoolerMaster are not PWM controlled. I have them running on full power, which is fine because they are only like 29db but still give awesome performance. The only thing that is PWM controlled right now are the MCP35x2 pumps.

The Maelstrom combo with pumps come with a PWM splitter. Both 4 pin connectors for each pump connect to the splitter; 1 end connects to a regular 3 pin connector and the other pin connects to a 4 pin connector. The wire connecting the two allows for both pumps to receive the same signal and run at the same speed. It came with the Maelstrom.

Thread Information