Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 775i65G R3.0 compatible apg list

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: 775i65G R3.0 compatible apg list

You can't use a PCIe video card because your motherboard does not have any PCIe slots.
    You have one AGP slot and three PCI slots.
    Page 17 says: PCI slots: The PCI slots are used to install expansion cards that have the 32-bit PCI interface.
    I think that you should be able to use any PCI video card, but I don't know if the Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2, DirectX 8.0 feature would cause any problems with a PCI video card.

I'm not sure what you mean by VGA ONLY.
    I think that I ran some PCI video cards in my older AGP systems, but I've never used an ASRock motherboard.
    Have you found any PCI video cards that have higher performance than AGP video cards?

In post #1 is the 3.1 score from the windows WEI benchmark?
    My WEI score is with a 7600GT PCIe video card and I don't know how this compares to an AGP or PCI video card.
    My P35 motherboard has one PCIe x16 slot, three PCIe x1 slots and 3 PCI slots.
    I don't think that I ever ran a PCI video card in my P35 system.
    I think, but I'm not sure that the earliest PCIe video card slots had superior performance compared to a similar card in an AGP or PCI slot.

Send a private message (PM) to ASRock TSD - Emily, include a link to this thread, and ask her if your motherboard will support any or all PCI video cards instead of installing an AGP video card.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Dear ProfJim,

Thank you for the reply and contact point with AsRock, I will give Emily a mal and let you know the outcome??

Kind regards, Jonathan

Shiari is offline Member

I can't think of a reason you wouldn't be able to use a PCI graphics adapter, but AGP would be faster anyway as it was made to be faster than PCI. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGP:

As computers increasingly became graphically oriented, successive generations of graphics adapters began to push the limits of PCI, a bus with shared bandwidth. This led to the development of AGP, a "bus" dedicated to graphics adapters.

The primary advantage of AGP over PCI is that it provides a dedicated pathway between the slot and the processor rather than sharing the PCI bus. In addition to a lack of contention for the bus, the direct connection allows for higher clock speeds. AGP also uses sideband addressing, meaning that the address and data buses are separated so the entire packet does not need to be read to get addressing information. This is done by adding eight extra 8-bit buses which allow the graphics controller to issue new AGP requests and commands at the same time with other AGP data flowing via the main 32 address/data (AD) lines. This results in improved overall AGP data throughput.

In addition, to load a texture, a PCI graphics card must copy it from the system's RAM into the card's Video memory, whereas an AGP card is capable of reading textures directly from system RAM using the graphics address remapping table, which reapportions main memory as needed for texture storage, allowing the graphics card to access them directly.[2] The maximum amount of system memory available to AGP is defined as the AGP aperture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information