Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Usb Ports Not Working

Post Usb Ports Not Working

I recently bought an ASrock FM2a55m-DGS motherboard, and two days after I put my rig together, the built-in usb ports on the mother board stopped working. I have tried two usb flash drives, two usb mouses, and a usb keyboard, and they all do not work. Is this a know issue with this motherboard, and is there a fix?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Usb Ports Not Working

Did you check Device Manager for problems with those USB ports?

If they are not working, that would be shown with yellow '!' symbols on the device.

Do you have automatic Windows updates enabled, that might have installed a driver that is not working correctly?

Default Re: Usb Ports Not Working

I have all Windows updates installed, and when I check the device manager, all the ports are not even there. Luckily, I have an old piece of crap pre-built desktop laying around, and I took it apart to salvage what I could. I ripped the ports out of that, as well as its dvd drive, and hard drive. So it doesn't really matter now, I probably just fried them with static, or something. It is my first build, after all.

Thread Information