Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDR3 Combo Not Working

Gioxxx84 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: DDR3 Combo Not Working

ok new update!

..i retried the crucial kit...it again works on ddr3 1030mhz speed instead of 1372 .Last 24 hours no **** occured and i ve also created 2 ram discs..1 through the rapid mode function of my samsung 840 pro ssd...and another using asrock xfast ram utility to help the browsing ,so far so good ...maybe indeed my airflow configuration was previously warming up my ram sticks causing the crashes....we ll know in few days .....but no complaints so far .So if anyone searches for rams on this very pickey mobo , crucial should be his choice on 8gb kits....i ll re confirm that after a few days !

Nice to see such results, from my side I just came back to report that everything works fine too.
    The kit is still stable and works without any sign of issues. Games with full optimization and various programs work just fine. Like you said, CRUCIAL BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00 BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 is one of the few kits that are compatible with Asrock's G41C-GS motherboard. The only drawback again is that it cannot get any more than 1066MHz. It works with its very basic limit.

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    Nice to see such results, from my side I just came back to report that everything works fine too.
    The kit is still stable and works without any sign of issues. Games with full optimization and various programs work just fine. Like you said, CRUCIAL BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00 BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 is one of the few kits that are compatible with Asrock's G41C-GS motherboard. The only drawback again is that it cannot get any more than 1066MHz. It works with its very basic limit.
    NEW UPDATES, You might find intersting man!Firstly , i tried the 771 to 775 mod successfully , using a cheap quad core xeon x5460 that in terms of performance is slightly better than the q9650 coz its clocked in 3.16 ghz and its the server /enterprises version of q9650 .
    If u have the latest bios 1.40 it fully supports the xeons , u only need to make thesticker mod on the xeon cpu and very carefull cutting on the socket area ( make a search on youtybe-forum and u ll figure it out ) There s no compatibility issues or glitches it all works like a charm..

Now even more good news.. i found out how to make this damn mobo overclock beyond 340-343 fsb and help the ram unfold its speed as well!!
    U need to play with pcie frequency as well!! not much for example with the stock pci e frq 100mhz i was only able to raise stable and effectively the fsb up to 336 ( 3.19ghz) beyond the 336 fsb performance was inconsistent and even decreasing and after 340fsb it crashed...

Pumping up the pcie to 102mhz i could raise stable the fsb up to 351 with spread spectrum and ies disebled but withy enhanced halt state and speedstep enabled

I raised up the pci e to 105-106 and dram voltage to 1.55 and i could pump the fsb till 360(beyond 3.4 ghz) but my gpu performance had a decrease and benchmarks in general werent increasing , but i believe with a lil more search and raising the pci e some more it can overclock up to 380+ fsb .Do it on your own risk.. i have no responsibility , i only tell u what i did on my rig..

DEFO IES MAKES IT UNSTABLE AND PCI E IS NOT TO MESS HIGHLY WITH .. I KEPT MY FSB TO 351 (3.33 GHZ) AND THE PCI E IN THE LEAST POSSIBLE 104MHZ TO RETAIN A BALANCE BETWEEN PERFORMANCE TEMPS AND STABILITY WITHOUT TWEAKING TO MUCH .But the issue with the not overclockable (besides advertised so ) g41c-gs mobo is now solved....i can guarantee u it will overclock but i can t guarantee u how stable will it be and for how long ... I hope i helped a bit!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images DDR3 Combo Not Working-overclock-xeon-jpg 
    Last edited by Gioxxx84; 10-21-2014 at 01:38 AM.

and here is the cpu
    Attached Images Attached Images DDR3 Combo Not Working-xeon-overclock-2-jpg 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information