Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: red bias on RGB not displaying

Unhappy red bias on RGB not displaying

i disconnected my vga cable for my CRT Compaq 7550 from my ASRock H61 motherboard while the system was on, and upon reconnecting,
    the red display was no more. only green and blue are present. the monitor works perfectly with other systems. no sign of damage on the video connector. is it the processor or the board that has this problem?, and what can i do to solve this issue?.

therube is offline Member

Default Re: red bias on RGB not displaying

Onboard video or add-in card?
    If the opposite exists, does that work?
    If available, does HDMI or the like work?

Just a thought ... power down, disconnect power cord, press the power button, then plug back in & start up & see if any change?

Quote Originally Posted by therube View Post
    Onboard video or add-in card?
    If the opposite exists, does that work?
    If available, does HDMI or the like work?

Just a thought ... power down, disconnect power cord, press the power button, then plug back in & start up & see if any change?
    its the onboard no HDMI available. have not tried the add-in-card yet. ihave done that like a million times, but still same issue arises

parsec is offline Senior Member

VGA cables are not designed for hot plugging, removing and inserting them with power applied to the video source, the CPU IGP. People apparently can plug/unplug VGA cables with the source powered up without damage, but that is not guaranteed. The IGP may be damaged.

But, did you check the Intel graphics UI in Windows? Check the color adjustments, the red settings may be effectively shut off.

Shiari is offline Member

Yeah I have done plenty of hot-plugging and unplugging VGA cables over the years, can't recall ever haven broken anything. That doesn't mean I recommend doing it! :)

Thread Information