Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New motherboard, DOA

Default New motherboard, DOA

Not a very good first impression of ASRock here, and not so sure I'm ever going to buy another ASRock product, if they can't even ship a product that works on arrival.

I have a 990FX Extreme3

After my build, I power it on, no video, and I get a repeating 3 long beeps.

I've tried using 1 stick of RAM at a time, 2 different sticks, and different slots.

I can't seem to find anything on the 3 beeps.

I've followed the same reply ASRock gives on all the negative feedbacks of clearing the CMOS, but nothing will get this going, and I can't seem to get through to anyone on tech support.

Does this company care at all about their paying customers? Do they want any repeat customers?
    Last edited by JonnyGators; 06-23-2013 at 01:52 AM.

John V Knox is offline Junior Member

Default Re: New motherboard, DOA

Hi
    here pic of mine what i built same mobo i think 3 beeps is controller or video try to reinstall video card 1 stick of memory
    I've had same problem on other builds send it back if its new its under warranty newegg.com give you thirty day try them best customer service ever New motherboard, DOA-amd-6200-4200-jpg

I've tried 3 different video cards one at a time, and have tried 2 of the video card slots.

What frustrates me is that asrock has no information on their beepcodes anywhere, not on their site, not in the user guide for the motherboard. I can't find any online consensus on what the 3 beeps mean, I've found some forums suggesting ram issues, and now you suggesting video, and some things also suggesting keyboard error.

What use are beep codes if the manufacturer gives you no guide on what they mean?

Thanks again, assrock.

Shiari is offline Member

There is some info on beepcodes in the FAQ, just because you didn't find them doesn't mean they're not there .. for AMI BIOS, see my post earlier today: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...tml#post459324 ... the UEFI beep codes are in the FAQ as well, both entries can be found thusly: ASRock > Support > FAQ

John V Knox is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyGators View Post
    I've tried 3 different video cards one at a time, and have tried 2 of the video card slots.

Bios-beeps - The definitions of Bios error beep tones - biosflash.com<<<try this my help you
    plus search and read other articles using{ 990fx extreme3 3 beep codes } in google browser

Thread Information