Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77 Extreme4 error 55

Default Z77 Extreme4 error 55

Hi all, I have a strange problem with the Z77 Extreme 4. While upgrading my CPU fan, I removed one stick of memory in the B2 slot (Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600). After the upgrade, I started my computer all was well until I realized I had forgotten to put the memory back. Powered down, insert memory power up and boom = hit with Error 55. I tried every configuration possible and only 1 stick of memory will work. I checked the CPU and noticed no bent pins so I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gib6717; 06-25-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: clarity

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z77 Extreme4 error 55

Error 55 is "No Memory", which seems strange.

Try clearing the BIOS/CMOS and then resetting any settings you use. Two sticks of memory work best in slots A2 and B2.

The memory stick you removed might have been damaged, or the DIMM slot was damaged.

When you say upgraded your CPU fan, do you mean just the fan, or the entire CPU cooler?

I tried each memory stick in each slot so I know they're Ok. The problem is when I put 2 sticks of memory in.

I'll try the reset when I get home.

I was trying to replace the cpu fan but wound up putting the stock fan back as the fan I had didn't fit.

No joy with the CMOS/BIOS reset

Thread Information