Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 990FX Extreme9 Post Error 54 with DDR3L

Default 990FX Extreme9 Post Error 54 with DDR3L

I purchased a motherboard/memory bundle from newegg:
    Asrock AMD 990FX Extreme9

Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0 1.35v

My build is with:
    AMD FX8350
    Gigabyte 460 GTX
    OCZ OCZ700MXSP 700watt

The system will not post and I cannot access the bios. The error code given is 54. In the manual it says it is a memory problem and to re-seat the CPU, which I did and did not help.

I have tried every combination single memory and double memory in every dimm slot. I borrowed a stick of G.Skill Sniper Series memory and the system runs fine with it, however it is 1.5v. I can piggyback the Crucial memory with the G.Skill memory and the system will post and register the Crucial, however it will not post with the Crucial alone.

A friend of mine purchased the exact combo and is having the exact same problem. His system also runs fine with different memory.

Newegg won't allow me to return memory on its own due to the bundle.

I have also contacted Crucial, who told me to update the motherboard bios, despite there only being one revision 1.00 and to reset the cmos, which did not help. They said that they tested this memory to be compatible with this motherboard and that there is a 0% RMA rate on this memory with this motherboard. The tech said that this is probably an issue with the memory settings not detecting correctly and not voltage. Their warranty does not come into effect until 30 days after purchase, so I would have to wait 4 weeks to RMA this memory and it would be for the same model only.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by phatswalla; 06-29-2013 at 03:26 AM.

Default Re: 990FX Extreme9 Post Error 54 with DDR3L

Dear phatswalla,

Because we don't have the same memory, I test Crucial DDR3-1600 1.5V 4GBx2 and G.Skill DDR3-1600 1.35V memory.
    These memory modules work without any problem.

I'll try to get the memory Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0 1.35v back to check it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by phatswalla View Post
    I purchased a motherboard/memory bundle from newegg:
    Asrock AMD 990FX Extreme9

Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0 1.35v
    I just got the same NewEgg "deal' as you. Building it for a co-workers sons, for whom the co-worker is in tight financial times.

Tonight I plan on assembling it. Fingers crossed I can report back better results. The NewEgg Feedback page for that memory is not impressive

I'll update this sometime between now and Saturday night.

Have you tried using the XMP settings, or possibly manually entering the sticks timings and voltages?

Do look at the sticker on the sticks. I see some have come mismatched as 1.35v and 1.5v. Mine came both as 1.35v.

Gasp! Here's hoping the techs at ASRock can cook up a newer BIOS than the one they released this MB with. I didn't notice that. Oh boy...........
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Dear all,

Because it's hard to get Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0 1.35v in Taiwan, we asked our US branch buy the memory and then send back to me for checking this issue.

It may take some time to get the memory module from US.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    After receiving the memory module, I'll do the test right away and then update the status to you.

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Dear phatswalla,

If possible, please kindly update the latest BIOS P1.30 from below link to try.
    Link: ASRock > 990FX Extreme9

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Thread Information