Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows 8 Pro and Asrock Vision 3D Series.

Default Windows 8 Pro and Asrock Vision 3D Series.

Does Asrock Vision 3D Series computer support operating system Windows 8 Pro 64 bits?
    I have installed Windows 8 Pro and after that the computer crash now and then.
    Can someone help me with this problem?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Windows 8 Pro and Asrock Vision 3D Series.

As you may know, the download page for the Vision 3D series does not have any Windows 8 drivers, or a Windows 8 compatibility label.

But, a Sandy Bridge CPU/chipset board is not that old at all, and should be able to run Windows 8. I have Windows 8 on a Sandy Bridge desktop PC, and even the latest drivers from Intel for Windows 8 include Sandy Bridge components in their support lists. Your board uses the i5-2520M CPU and HM65 chipset. You can get Windows 8 compatible drivers from Intel, at least for the Intel components.

But the reason you are not getting direct Windows 8 support from ASRock might be for this reason:

*Due to VGA driver limitation, 3D function only supports Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit.

But since you don't seem to care about the 3D capability the Windows 7 driver supports, you probably can find Windows 8 drivers for the NVIDIA® GeForce GT540M Graphics chip, and definitely the Intel 3000 graphics. Are you interested in that?

But since you don't seem to care about the 3D capability the Windows 7 driver supports, you probably can find Windows 8 drivers for the NVIDIA® GeForce GT540M Graphics chip, and definitely the Intel 3000 graphics. Are you interested in that?
    You are right, I don´t care about 3D capability, I a´m intrerested Windows 8 drivers for the NVIDIA® GeForce GT540M Graphics chip and Intel 3000 graphics.
    Can you help me find this drivers?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Sure...

Intel drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...g&keyword=HM65

Once on that page, select Windows 8 from the Select an Operating System list. The main one you need is the Intel ME 8 software. The Intel AHCI driver should also be used with Windows 8. The multiple entries for the same driver are just newer/older versions, use the latest one.

Intel Graphics driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...09%09%09%09%09

When I tried to get the Nvidia driver, their download page wasn't working right, but just go here first: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Then either fill in the list from the drop down list for each category, or click the Automatic option.

I get following bluescreen message system_service_exception, idgmdm64.sys
    Can someone help wiíth this problem?

Thread Information