Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme6 Drivers

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Extreme6 Drivers

Ok, forgot you wanted the "latest" drivers. Tried that download, I get the same results.

What that is, is a manual driver update file set. Broadcom is not providing automatic driver installers.

You'd need to go into Device Manager, open the entry for the Broadcom NIC, click Update driver, then Browse my computer for driver software, Search for driver software in... and Browse your way to that folder, and follow the prompts.

Ever do that? Feel up to it? Do I know if that driver will work? Nope. Up to you...

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Ok, forgot you wanted the "latest" drivers. Tried that download, I get the same results.

What that is, is a manual driver update file set. Broadcom is not providing automatic driver installers.

You'd need to go into Device Manager, open the entry for the Broadcom NIC, click Update driver, then Browse my computer for driver software, Search for driver software in... and Browse your way to that folder, and follow the prompts.

Ever do that? Feel up to it? Do I know if that driver will work? Nope. Up to you...
    So just because the .exe is not there makes the files only 500kb vs. my installer that does have a .exe that is 7mb. Am I missing something here?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SightUp View Post
    So just because the .exe is not there makes the files only 500kb vs. my installer that does have a .exe that is 7mb. Am I missing something here?
    Yes, all kinds of things that you are not considering and do not understand. Where do you think all the dialogue windows that are displayed when a driver installer is run come from? That is only one aspect of many that a driver installer provides, and yes the installer program is many times larger than the actual driver program itself, which are two completely different things.

Frankly, I don't have the time or inclination to go into an explanation of what a driver installer must deal with, and the many options it provides that most people never use.

If you don't trust the drivers I suggested for you, then don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Yes, all kinds of things that you are not considering and do not understand. Where do you think all the dialogue windows that are displayed when a driver installer is run come from? That is only one aspect of many that a driver installer provides, and yes the installer program is many times larger than the actual driver program itself, which are two completely different things.

Frankly, I don't have the time or inclination to go into an explanation of what a driver installer must deal with, and the many options it provides that most people never use.

If you don't trust the drivers I suggested for you, then don't use them.
    I installed them. Only change I think I noticed was that it changed my version number

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information