Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme6 Drivers

Default Extreme6 Drivers

I got my first confirmed trojan in over 10 years yesterday. It's time for a reinstall of Windows anyways.

I am a little confused about which drivers I should download for my Z77 Extreme6. I want to be sure I get the newest update ones, too. Here is what I have downloaded already but I think they are out dated.

INF : 9.3.0.1025
    Lan : 15.4.4.1
    ME : 8.1.2.1318
    IRST : 11.6.0.1030

Can someone help me find the most up to date drivers for my motherboard please?

Default Re: Extreme6 Drivers

Bump!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Question Re: Extreme6 Drivers

I got my first confirmed trojan in over 10 years yesterday. It's time for a reinstall of Windows anyways.

I am a little confused about which drivers I should download for my Z77 Extreme6. I want to be sure I get the newest update ones, too. Here is what I have downloaded already but I think they are out dated.

INF : 9.3.0.1025
    Lan : 15.4.4.1
    ME : 8.1.2.1318
    IRST : 11.6.0.1030

Can someone help me find the most up to date drivers for my motherboard please?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh... no mention of what OS you use. Rather difficult to suggest drivers when you have no idea what version of Windows you use. You do know that there are different versions of drivers for different versions of Windows, right? Not always but most often that is the case.

Since I'm clairvoyant, I'd say you're using Windows 8 64 bit.

The forum editor is not working, at least for me, so if these links don't work, what can I say. I can't even use the Reply with Quote option, all formatting options are gone, and yes I checked what editor is selected in my user profile.

IRST: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...ST%29&lang=eng

INF: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...adType=Drivers

LAN: Ethernet NIC NetLink Driver Downloads | Broadcom

IME software has an automatic update feature that runs when it is installed, Intel does not provide generic IME downloads.

So you seem to believe that the newest drivers will always be better than older versions, always improved and without issues. I'm familiar with examples that aren't. Use at your own risk.
    Last edited by profJim; 07-09-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: accidental edit; restored

Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for. You even used your Oblivion mage power of clairvoyance.

Did Intel stop making the IRST driver without the RAID part of it? I have a IRST driver here that is a lot smaller without the language pack stuff. iata_cd.exe is the name of it. Did they stop updating this?

The lan driver, it is not an .exe. How do I execute or install it?

Quote Originally Posted by SightUp View Post
    Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for. You even used your Oblivion mage power of clairvoyance.

Did Intel stop making the IRST driver without the RAID part of it? I have a IRST driver here that is a lot smaller without the language pack stuff. iata_cd.exe is the name of it. Did they stop updating this?

The lan driver, it is not an .exe. How do I execute or install it?
    The IRST version in that link is the generic one, and I highly doubt it will install all the languages, since you choose the language at the beginning of the installation. But if you want the English only version... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DownloadType=

The LAN driver is in a compressed .zip file. Right click on the file and a list will appear with an option, Extract All... Click that and it will show a default folder where the unzipped file will be created. Just click Extract and you'll get the folder displayed with the .exe file in it.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The IRST version in that link is the generic one, and I highly doubt it will install all the languages, since you choose the language at the beginning of the installation. But if you want the English only version... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DownloadType=

The LAN driver is in a compressed .zip file. Right click on the file and a list will appear with an option, Extract All... Click that and it will show a default folder where the unzipped file will be created. Just click Extract and you'll get the folder displayed with the .exe file in it.
    In that lan driver, do you see the .exe in there? I do not.

In that lan driver, do you see the .exe in there? I do not.
    What about setup.exe?

Extreme6 Drivers-exe-fool-png

This is what I see. What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images Extreme6 Drivers-untitled-png 

This is what I see. What am I doing wrong?
    What the heck did you download? Z77 Ex 6 board, Windows 8 64bit, right?

The listing on the download page is: Broadcom Lan driver ver:15.4.4.1.

Extreme6 Drivers-lan-driver-png

When you click the USA download link, the file is: Broadcom_Win8-64_Win7-64_Vista64_XP64(v15.4.4.1_64BIT).zip

When the download is complete, you should have a file named Broadcom_Win8-64_Win7-64_Vista64_XP64(v15.4.4.1_64BIT).zip in your download folder.

You then RIGHT click the file, select Extract, click Ok and go to the folder created. You should see a file listing like I posted in my earlier screenshot. Scroll down to find the setup.exe file.

I have no clue what you downloaded...

Click on your original link you provided me in the 3rd post in this thread. It says that newest version is 15.6.0.2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information