Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: FM2A75 PRO4 abnormal temp rising in bios

Default FM2A75 PRO4 abnormal temp rising in bios

Hi there,
    Please help.Ive recently build a new pc.Its been running a week without any problems.Today while in bios to change a few options ive notice the temperature rising and the fan speeding.The cpu temp initially was at 41C but in one minute went up to 79C.Then i turn off the pc and let it cool down.Repeat it and get the same over and over.The mobo temp is stable,the cpu temp rises by the second.
    All my components (fm2a75 pro4 and cpu a10 5700) where at the stock values since the begining.No overclock was performed on this machine.This motherboard was always at the default values.
    If i do not enter bios and proceed to windows boot,the machine boots and the temperature begins to drop in windows.Im constantly around 40c-50 even when watching movies or photo editing.In windows i use asrock extreme tuner to view the temps,and in bios use hw monitor.The fan is one stock.
    Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Shiari is offline Member

Default Re: FM2A75 PRO4 abnormal temp rising in bios

Windows can put the CPU in a idle state, the BIOS can't so it'll always run at full speed there, and heat up. 79c is worryingly hot though, is that similar to your load temperatures in Windows?

Default Re: FM2A75 PRO4 abnormal temp rising in bios

Thank you for helping.
    today ive spent a lot of time checking and double checking every piece of hardware and every config.
    I dont know how or why but the cpu start overclocked and thats why the temp rises.Whith my previous bios profile,the vcore was always at 1.450v while in bios.Ive deleted that profile and make a new one with default settings and then the problem is gone.Vcore only gets around 1.3v and the temp get a maximum of 52C then begins to drop as the vcore drops also.I think it was something to do with the turbo boost.If i disable it the vcore get around a steady 1.25v never rises ou drops that keeps my temperatures steady at low.
    While in windows this problem never occured,the pc is for light use so it gets low temps constantly.The primary goal is to keep a silent pc and low power consuption for moderate work use,not gaming.

Thread Information