Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with G.skill 2133 RAM and Z77 Extreme 6

Default Problems with G.skill 2133 RAM and Z77 Extreme 6

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the right configuration for my RAM on my Z77 Extreme 6. I just upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 and still can't figure out how to run it at 2133Mhz. I was only able to run it at 2000Mhz without any crashes.

I try XMP both profiles 1 and 2 without any luck.

Is there's any special science around this.

thanks

Default Re: Problems with G.skill 2133 RAM and Z77 Extreme 6

Quote Originally Posted by fa7h3r View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to figure out the right configuration for my RAM on my Z77 Extreme 6. I just upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 and still can't figure out how to run it at 2133Mhz. I was only able to run it at 2000Mhz without any crashes.

I try XMP both profiles 1 and 2 without any luck.

Is there's any special science around this.

thanks
    Hello!
    I assume that memory is on the motherboard compatibility list? ON the memory label it shows the rated voltage for 2133Mhz, if you look at the SPD file whitin CPu-Z it will show you if the voltage needs to change for your set of memory. If so you'll need to set the voltage manually, always good to check it anyway.
    When you say you just upgraded from a 2.6 to a 2.7 I'm not sure what you mean? On the menu(I think second page from the left) it has the memory stuff, if you scroll down a little bit and read the left hand side menu's it should offer to change the memory speed(IF YOU ARE NOT IN XMP). Hope this helped you and not confused you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Problems with G.skill 2133 RAM and Z77 Extreme 6-spd-png 
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

Thread Information