Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MOTHERBOARD ERROR 45 asrock extreme 4 mb what does it mean

uriah is offline Junior Member

Default MOTHERBOARD ERROR 45 asrock extreme 4 mb what does it mean

system was working fine but I added wd black 1 terabyte drive and upon boot system would not even post and I can not even access bios. Checked all connections and they are correct and tight. The little led block on the mother board gives a number 45 which is not in the error list in my manual. What does 45 mean.

The next step is to detach every thing except the minimum and if the computer posts start attaching one thing at the time but if some one can tell me what the 45 means it might be a clue.

asrock extreme 4, intel I7 2600 16 gig ram, coursar gold 850 watt power supply, amd 6850 video card

Shiari is offline Member

Default Re: MOTHERBOARD ERROR 45 asrock extreme 4 mb what does it mean

A quick google and assuming it's a Z68 board (ASROCK z68 Extreme 4 DR Debug Code 45 - Motherboards - Motherboards) suggests it is a memory error, and possibly fixable too by changing the ram voltage.

Hope that helps. Let us know. :)

uriah is offline Junior Member

Cannot access bios. Did discover that error indicated memory. Will remove 2 of 4 modules try then swap to see if a module failed. Odd that it would fail when I added an HD after working fine for 18 months. Have coursar gold 850 power supply.

Thanks for quick response 446pm here so tomorrow.

Shiari is offline Member

Yeah, with one module in one of the slots you should at least be able to access the bios. Good luck. :)

Thread Information