Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: problem with asrock z77 extreme 4

Default problem with asrock z77 extreme 4

I have a asrock z77 extreme 4 with a i5 3570k, i restarted my pc and upon booting it loaded up the BIOS screen and when i tried to exit it didnt load up windows and restarted and went straight back to the bios screen. Ive tried unplugging my hard drives which didnt work. I plugged my ssd which is my os drive into different ports and that didnt work. Is there a problem with my ssd? Is my motherboard fried? This is freaking me out. Ive got no idea whats the problem

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: problem with asrock z77 extreme 4

I have seen this with my ASR boards.

IMO, you are probably seeing the BIOS detecting a setting it is not happy with, and it will then put you right back to the BIOS so you can fix the setting. Of course you don't get any clue what the problem is, but that is how it works. I've had this happen to me several times.

Try loading default settings in the BIOS, and then set your minimal required BIOS settings, like RAID if you are using that, choice of graphics, boot order, whatever. Then see if that boots.

You can always check if your drives are being detected with the System Brower feature, as well as in Storage Configuration.

Thread Information