Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RAM problem with ASROCK motherboard, need help!

Question RAM problem with ASROCK motherboard, need help!

Hello, i recently bought this motherboard ASRock > 960GM-VGS3 FX (960GM-VGS3 FX). I also bought 2x2GB A-data 1333MHz DDR3 RAM.
    The problem is this:
    After inserting the two stick of RAM the documents properties say i have 4GB RAM(2GB usable). CPUZ says my RAM runs in Single-Channel even thou i have identical sticks. The next morning everything was fine my PC had all 4GB RAM usable and it ran in Dual-Channel and this was fixed all by itself. After a few hours i restarted my PC and after it booted i again had 4GB RAM(2Gb usable) just like the first time the other 2Gb were hardware reserved and in Single-Channel. I can add to my problem that i changed the motherboard, processor and ram in the same day and i havent reinstalled my Windows 8.
    So this is everything please help! Thank You!
    Last edited by kris4an7; 07-21-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Default Re: RAM problem with ASROCK motherboard, need help!

Quote Originally Posted by kris4an7 View Post
    Hello, i recently bought this motherboard ASRock > 960GM-VGS3 FX (960GM-VGS3 FX). I also bought 2x2GB A-data 1333MHz DDR3 RAM.
    The problem is this:
    After inserting the two stick of RAM the documents properties say i have 4GB RAM(2GB usable). CPUZ says my RAM runs in Single-Channel even thou i have identical sticks. The next morning everything was fine my PC had all 4GB RAM usable and it ran in Dual-Channel and this was fixed all by itself. After a few hours i restarted my PC and after it booted i again had 4GB RAM(2Gb usable) just like the first time the other 2Gb were hardware reserved and in Single-Channel. I can add to my problem that i changed the motherboard, processor and ram in the same day and i havent reinstalled my Windows 8.
    So this is everything please help! Thank You!
    Someone ?

Thread Information