Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Access Onboard Graphics/Video

aggrolol is offline Junior Member

Default Re: How to Access Onboard Graphics/Video

thankfully i dont get discouraged easily, i knew what i was getting into ahha.

BIOS: P2.30 - 15A

The red LED display shows two zeros on startup nothing more [00]

parsec is offline Senior Member

Ok, the good news is your BIOS version is the newest there is, 2.30, and the only FX 6300 processor listed needed at least BIOS 2.10. I could not find any other variations of the FX-6300, there is only one version and your BIOS should support it.

The bad news is, the "00" error code is a CPU error code. The description of the error is: Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then clear CMOS.

How did you feel about the CPU mounting when you did that? Did it make sense to you? The CPU should have gone into the socket only one way. The silver lever is first unlatched and opened, the processor pins fit into the holes in the socket, and then the lever is closed and latched into place.

What are you using for the CPU cooler, the stock AMD cooler or something else, I can't see your PC specs, something is wrong with the web page.

Do you know how to "clear the CMOS", which means the BIOS settings are set to defaults, among other things? There is a CLR CMOS button on the I/O panel of the board, just above where the network cable is connected. That usually works by starting the PC, then you press and hold that button in for a couple seconds, and the PC will shut off. You then release the button and the PC will start running again (see below for more info.) I was tempted to have you try this earlier, but wanted to be sure your BIOS version was Ok.

You can also clear the CMOS (CMOS refers to the type of chip that stores the BIOS) by moving a small jumper on the board from the normal position on two pins (pins 1 and 2), to another position on two pins (pins 2 and 3.) You MUST first unplug the PC from the AC power, it must be OFF for this method!

That jumper is located just below the Dr. Debug LEDs, just above where that little speaker you connected is. Once you move the jumper, leave it in that position for a minute, and then move it back to the normal location. That MUST be done or the PC won't start. The manual describes this with pictures, and please check how the clr CMOS button is meant to work, some boards should be on when it is used, and some must be off.

Any questions? If not try it out, and think about how the CPU mounting job went for you. Let us know how it goes.

Well the mounting felt fine, I even had multiple people remove it and also place it back in to make sure it was right they all confirmed. However I don't remember anything about a lever so ill make sure to check on that once I get home; along with the CMOS clear you told me about ill make sure to once again read the manual carefully

Quote Originally Posted by aggrolol View Post
    Well the mounting felt fine, I even had multiple people remove it and also place it back in to make sure it was right they all confirmed. However I don't remember anything about a lever so ill make sure to check on that once I get home; along with the CMOS clear you told me about ill make sure to once again read the manual carefully
    That may be the whole problem right there, your CPU may not be even contacting the electrical connections in the socket:

How to Access Onboard Graphics/Video-970-ex4-cpu-socket-jpg

The lever is the silver part at the bottom of the CPU socket, and is used to clamp the pins on the CPU to the socket connections.

Check page 16 of your board's manual, the operation of the lever is described and the steps needed to mount the CPU. Yes, you'll need to remove the CPU cooler to check this. If you don't remember the lever, you really need to check this. From page 16:

2.1 CPU Installation

Step 1. Unlock the socket by lifting the lever up to a 90 angle.

Step 2. Position the CPU directly above the socket such that the CPU corner with
    the golden triangle matches the socket corner with a small triangle.

Step 3. Carefully insert the CPU into the socket until it fits in place

Step 4. When the CPU is in place, press it firmly on the socket while you push
    down the socket lever to secure the CPU. The lever clicks on the side tab
    to indicate that it is locked

I got the cpu installed correctly! thank you for pointing out that silly silly mistake!

now the problem is with the memory installation, following the notch and everything it still comes out with error code 54
    meaning the installation of the memory is incorrect, no matter how many time and how softly or firmly i do it its error code 54 or 19 both memory problems.

theres a chance i might have caused damage to the board or memory chips, i didnt see the part of not removing and adding the modules while the power was connected. This might be the reason i keep getting error code [54]

First, glad we figured out your CPU problem.

Second, never, ever, ever, ever, work on a PC with the power cord plugged in, or the PC turned on!!! PC is shutdown, power supply switch is turned off, AC power cord is unplugged, BEFORE anything is done to the PC parts.

OMGawd, I hope you did not fix your CPU mounting with it plugged in...

I salute you for your continuing honesty, but I had to lecture you a little bit about that...

I said in post #8 in this thread that your Crucial memory is likely not compatible with your board. It is not listed in your board's Memory Support List. A first time builder should use memory included in that list, it will make things much easier. You can't use any memory you'd like to in any modern mother board, that has changed over the years. In the past you could use almost any model of memory and it would work, but not any more.

Your memory may be damaged, who knows, but do NOT expect new memory of the same model to work in your board. Get something from the list, it really does matter.

thankfully before this i never worked on the computer on or plugged in, for some reason i just disregarded common sense when dealing with the memory. I think i got a tiny bit frustrated and a little tunnel vision kicked in.

that's odd because the guy who helped me pick my parts suggested that memory kit. I guess ill look into buying new memory because so far it seems like thats all i need.

also do you think there is any chance im still installing the memory wrong? Im following everything the motherboard manual says but you never know ive messed up on easier stuff ahaha

Well, two sticks are best used in slots A2 and B2, the white slots. You can try just using one stick in slot A2.

Each end of the slot has a retaining clip, which must be opened, and both clips should click into place when the stick is inserted correctly. The slot in the bottom of the stick must be lined up correctly, or it won't go into the slot. Nothing else to go wrong there besides being compatible or not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information