Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Access Onboard Graphics/Video

aggrolol is offline Junior Member

Default Re: How to Access Onboard Graphics/Video

New memory has been installed and the computer is up and running, now its installing everything thats in the way, i realized when popping in cd into my optical drive it wasnt connected to my Hard Drive memory so obviously nothing is going to be installed. However i cant find the connection that seems to be missing :O

ill take some pictures and post here because when i try to boot it wont let me and asks me to put in a proper boot device. So what might i be doing wrong now

How to Access Onboard Graphics/Video-photo-2-73-jpg

How to Access Onboard Graphics/Video-photo-3-35-jpg

in the first image you see the 8 pins? i have no cable for that that could connect to my op drive which is what i believe is what needs to be done, the cable next to the 8 pins in the image connects to my motherboard where it says SATA drive, and as far as i can tell thats the correct spot because in my BIOS menu the computer is picking up my HDD.

AAAAAAAAND i figured it out by myself, there was a connection problem, wrong cables in the wrong slots. OS is installing as i write this post.

Id like to extend my greatest thanks for helping me through this process as i would not have been able to complete it without your help. Again i appreciate everything you did and for helping a newbie as you most certainly didnt have to take time out of your day to do so.

parsec is offline Senior Member

No problem, just don't forget to take out the Windows installation disk, since sometimes it is possible to start the Windows installation process again, which is a waste of time.

it was a short lived victory =(

as it was installing the OS it just turned off! i have no idea why

and now it wont turn on no matter what i connect or disconnect

whenever i disconnect and reconnect the socket and power it up, the fans sort of move a bit but then stop. What is causing this?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aggrolol View Post
    whenever i disconnect and reconnect the socket and power it up, the fans sort of move a bit but then stop. What is causing this?
    Which socket? The one on the power supply that the AC power cord connects to?

Turn the power supply (PS) off with its switch, and then unplug it from the AC outlet. Let the PC sit for several minutes, then connect the AC cord, turn on the PS switch, and try the starting the PC again.

It's possible that the CPU cooler is not cooling the CPU properly, and the CPU is overheating and shutting itself off, which is a safety feature. Let the PC cool of for a while, and check the CPU cooler's fan. That fan MUST always be running!

If the PC starts, go into the BIOS (pressing the Del key) and look in the "Hardware Monitor" screen, or something similar to that. It should show the CPU temperature, as well as the mother board. You can just let the PC run in the BIOS indefinitely, and watch if the CPU temperature increases. If it reaches ~50C or more with your CPU, it is not being cooled appropriately.

It's also possible that your new (?) PS died on you, but check other things first.

Yea the wall socket or even the PS socket cable.

I let it sit for about two hours and still nothing... Would the fans be twitching like they are if the power supply died? Do you have any other ideas as to what it might be?

I was considering that I installed the fan incorrectly but it was definitely active maybe just not placed correctly? I felt the CPU just a tad and as far as I can tell its completely cool

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information