Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Maximum Memory Size

Default Maximum Memory Size

I have an Asrock M3A770DE board. Corsair said the reason that my 1333 memory is showing as 800is that I am usin 4X4GB sticks. They say that I should us 2x8GB. Will this work with my board? My processor is an AMD X3.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Maximum Memory Size

Check the options in the BIOS, Sets manually memory.

Greetings.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Maximum Memory Size

Quote Originally Posted by RML8169 View Post
    I have an Asrock M3A770DE board. Corsair said the reason that my 1333 memory is showing as 800is that I am usin 4X4GB sticks. They say that I should us 2x8GB. Will this work with my board? My processor is an AMD X3.

Thanks for your help.
    Since we don't have the exact, full model number of your memory, I can't comment accurately regarding why it is running at the speed it is. What are you using to show the memory speed? DDR memory that is running at 800MHz as shown by CPU-Z is really running at 1600, since DDR means Dual Data Rate memory. Your memory would be operating at 400MHz if it was really running at 800.

The 2 x 8GB memory suggestion by Corsair sounds like misinformed, ignorant first level support advice. Actually, if you check your boards memory QVL list, you won't find any 8GB DIMMs listed, and barely any 4GB DIMMs listed. Using 8GB DIMMs would not fix your problem, only make it worse.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/M3A770DE.pdf

We need the full model number of your memory, and what you use to determine the memory speed, to learn what is really happening.

TinGolon's advice is in general correct, you may need to manually set the memory speed to its highest advertised speed, since it will usually default to a lower speed.

Thread Information