Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock B75 Pro3-M Ram Issue

Default Asrock B75 Pro3-M Ram Issue

I having a issue with my Asrock B75 Pro3-M motherboard, and the issue is that i have a RAM/Memory of Kingston hyper X 4GB. It has XMP profile, but i cannot select XMP profile in my bios i mean there is no xmp option in bios, don't know why. This is a RAM model number KHX1600C9D3/4G, and the Cpu i am using is intel core i5-2400 and i am using latest version of the bios too 1.80

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock B75 Pro3-M Ram Issue

Quote Originally Posted by assassino View Post
    I having a issue with my Asrock B75 Pro3-M motherboard, and the issue is that i have a RAM/Memory of Kingston hyper X 4GB. It has XMP profile, but i cannot select XMP profile in my bios i mean there is no xmp option in bios, don't know why. This is a RAM model number KHX1600C9D3/4G, and the Cpu i am using is intel core i5-2400 and i am using latest version of the bios too 1.80
    Given the model number of your memory, Kingston KHX1600C9D3/4G, according to the information on Kingston's website, that memory does not have XMP profiles.

Only some models of Kingston memory have XMP profiles, they are listed on Kingston's web site with "Intel XMP" in the description, and it is described in the Spec sheet: HyperX Genesis Memory | Kingston

This is a model with XMP profiles: http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX16C9K2_16X.pdf

This is your model: http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KHX1600C9D3_4G.pdf

When memory does not have XMP profiles, then that option will not appear in the BIOS.

But XMP profiles really do not matter, they are just a convenience, you can easily enter the memory timings yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Given the model number of your memory, Kingston KHX1600C9D3/4G, according to the information on Kingston's website, that memory does not have XMP profiles.

Only some models of Kingston memory have XMP profiles, they are listed on Kingston's web site with "Intel XMP" in the description, and it is described in the Spec sheet: HyperX Genesis Memory | Kingston

This is a model with XMP profiles: http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX16C9K2_16X.pdf

This is your model: http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KHX1600C9D3_4G.pdf

When memory does not have XMP profiles, then that option will not appear in the BIOS.

But XMP profiles really do not matter, they are just a convenience, you can easily enter the memory timings yourself.
    Ok but there is a problem you see when i go into the bios and try to change the DRAM Frequency its only have 1066,1333 and Auto. Dont know why. I dont know what to do now, and my ram supports 1600 bus why its not showing in Dram Configuration

I really need help anyone

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by assassino View Post
    Ok but there is a problem you see when i go into the bios and try to change the DRAM Frequency its only have 1066,1333 and Auto. Dont know why. I dont know what to do now, and my ram supports 1600 bus why its not showing in Dram Configuration
    You're using an i5-2400 processor, which is a Sandy Bridge CPU, correct?

This is from your board's specifications on ASRock's web site

Asrock B75 Pro3-M Ram Issue-b75-mem-specs-png

Note the specification for Sandy Bridge CPUs: **DDR3 1600 with Intel® Ivy Bridge CPU, DDR3 1333 with Intel® Sandy Bridge CPU

The 1333 memory speed is a limitation of your board and CPU combination. The BIOS detects your CPU and only displays the valid memory speed options.

It's always important to check the board's specifications carefully with the other parts you will be using.

Fortunately, the difference in speed/performance between 1333 and 1600 memory is small.

Thread Information