Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock 880G Pro3 Beta Bios Support for FX-8320 Vishera

Default Re: ASRock 880G Pro3 Beta Bios Support for FX-8320 Vishera

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Maynard View Post
    You're welcome. Don't forget to update your bios to at least version 1.40 before installing the CPU to enable AM3+ support. If your bios isn't updated to at least version 1.40 then the system will not boot with that CPU. I recommend you update to the bios that I sent you a link to though. Please let us know how it goes if you decide to get the CPU.
    Hi Ricky,

I am already running on P1.40, but I'll follow your advice and update to the P.142 before installing the Fx-8320. I'll keep you guys posted on my findings.
    I think I'll try to get into some sort of agreement with the seller to see if I can first grab a 8350 and check if it works and if not downgrade then to the 8320 and use the cash difference for additional RAM...

Take care!

Ricardo aka cktc

Hey everybody,

I've already received and installed my new Vishera chip.
    So I'm now running a FX-8320 on an AsRock 880G Pro3 motherboard, with P1.42 bios update and so far it has been running smoothly as expected.

Here a link to my CPU-Z validator:

Once again I may thank you a lot Ricky Maynard for the precious tip, as I was already considering to replace the mobo.

King regards,

Ricardo aka CKTC

Quote Originally Posted by cktc View Post
    Hey everybody,

I've already received and installed my new Vishera chip.
    So I'm now running a FX-8320 on an AsRock 880G Pro3 motherboard, with P1.42 bios update and so far it has been running smoothly as expected.

Here a link to my CPU-Z validator:

Once again I may thank you a lot Ricky Maynard for the precious tip, as I was already considering to replace the mobo.

King regards,

Ricardo aka CKTC
    Excellent news. Did you try the FX 8350 and it didn't work? I suspected that the FX 8350 wouldn't work due to its high base clock combined with its 4.2 turbo core speed. The motherboard can't seem to handle anything over 4.0GHz. But the FX 8320 overclocked to 4.0GHz seems like it's the perfect CPU for the motherboard. Again, this is great news and I hope other Asrock 880G Pro3 owners will see this thread if they are considering a new CPU.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information