Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z87E-ITX no Bluetooth

HandySam is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock Z87E-ITX no Bluetooth

Hi,

I have a problem with my Z87E-ITX Bluetooth support.

I have tested Bluetooth with 3 mini PCIe cards so far:

• Default Asrock card (with the Broadcom chip)
    • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

All of these cards didn't show bluetooth radios in Windows 8 Device Manager. I tried installing drivers but that didn't help. I have tried a clean install of Windows 8.1 Preview with the Intel 7260 AC but this didn't help either. Windows 8 and above should automatically detect the bluetooth functionality and install basic Microsoft drivers.

It appears as if the Bluetooth is part is disabled but the wireless card option is enabled in the BIOS. Wireless 802.11 works perfectly.

Can anyone help on this issue? Thanks in advance!!!

Greets

Default Re: Asrock Z87E-ITX no Bluetooth

Don't use win 8.1 until it's released, for several reasons.

I tested primarly on Windows 8 but I decided to give Windows 8.1 a go in the hope that 8.1 would fix it. Windows 8.1 does include drivers for the onboard Intel ethernet and the Intel 7260 AC Wifi module. ;)

You can try 8.1 9471, it's out.

Kinda don't get what you're doing, you have onboard blue, all you should have to do is enable bluetooth, then turn on bluetooth on what ever devise you have such as a phone, headphones, and search for pair.

Bluetooth is bluetooth, wifi is wifi, they are not the same.

You have onboard wifi, you can pick up wifi, or share it to a phone (ect).

Not sure why you would use wifi on a PC when you have Ethernet.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 08-13-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Well it seems you dont understand how Bluetooth is installed in a computer?

Its part of the mini PCIe card that provides the wireless functionality. (the card where the wires come from for the antenne's if you look at the product images of the Asrock Z87E-ITX board)
    It is ''onboard'' because its built in the system (not external via USB or something).

Now my problem is that the bluetooth part of this wireles combo card is nowhere to be found on my system. There is no item with Bluetooth radios in my device manager so obviously I cant turn on or off Bluetooth cause the system thinks there is no bluetooth in this computer.

The Wi-Fi part works fine.

You have onboard wifi, you can pick up wifi, or share it to a phone (ect).

Not sure why you would use wifi on a PC when you have Ethernet.
    And I dont think I have to explain why I would like to have bluetooth and wifi working on my PC? If a product is sold with these features advertised then I expect them to work?

I move my PC sometimes and I like to have bluetooth working for all the bluetooth accessories I own. Wi-Fi is always usefull if you dont have a cable available.

Have you gone to charm bar on right, settings, change settings, devises and looked for bluetooth ? after you installed the drivers.

Yes I did but like I've stated before it seems the system doesnt ''see'' the Bluetooth hardware so there is no single option to be found that has anything to do with Bluetooth.

I've enabled the Bluetooth support service but this didn't change anything.

If you look at the device manager of a system that has working bluetooth, you'll see a topic stating ''Bluetooth Radios''. I dont have this in my device manager not even after installing drivers.

The broadcom driver fails to install saying: There is no bluetooth hardware installed or enabled on this computer. I've double-checked my BIOS but the only option that could have anything to do with it is enabled. (WAN1 radio --> enabled)

I would have assumed it was under the hardware of broadcom wireless listed as bluetooth. Because it's duel and not a single module.

Send asrock an email, an keep checking back if someone has this board.

I didn't realize the other hardware you posted had tooth, you said the wifi was ok so that meant the slot was ok, like a fool I was thinking you were trying to connect tooth to wifi.

There is zero documentation for installing, kind of poor on their part.

I'm glad you understand it now. All of these cards that I posted in my first post are combo cards, they include Wifi + Bluetooth on 1 card.

Asrock support said they would present the issue to one of their colleagues in Taiwan.

I'll report what they have to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by HandySam View Post
    I'm glad you understand it now. All of these cards that I posted in my first post are combo cards, they include Wifi + Bluetooth on 1 card.

Asrock support said they would present the issue to one of their colleagues in Taiwan.

I'll report what they have to say about this.
    Glad you got a reply, when your up an running, it would be good to start a new post with the board model and fixed tooth wifi card, this way they won't have to read thru this.

Hope you get it working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information