Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed

Question (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed

Windows 8 Sleep mode.

Under certain circumstances, when my Windows 8 enter sleep mode manually, the power LED just goes off. (normally blinking). After wake the PC up using mouse or keyboard, the system on for 1 second then off, another 1 second with grinding sound then off, 3rd time with error messages " (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed" following "Error sending End Of Post message to ME. System halt!". Note that this sequence is continuous after wake up.

Also, after this problem occur, computer will not shutdown. Windows 8 is shutdown-ed & screen no signal but all case fan, cpu fan, and power LED all still on. Only manually unplug can turn the PC off.

RTFM?
    According to my instruction menu A0 - A7 is "Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices."

GIYBF?
    Only 3 results with no avail.

I already did clear CMOS and reposition SATA drive, updated BIOS and contact Asrock.

Is this problem power supply related issue or motherboard related issue or driver related issue? So that I can forward this problem to relevant department to investigate. Also translate the error message to human readable languages. Thanks in advance.

Spec:
    -500W Power Supply
    -G2020
    -8GB Corsair Kits RAM
    -Intel 520+WD Blue 500GB
    -Radeon 7770
    -B75M-DGS R2.0
    Last edited by cheeyc; 08-13-2013 at 01:30 AM.

janner66 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed

I am really interested to see what the solution is as I am getting very similar symptoms. I am having trouble booting up after the PC has not been used for a while. Once it has booted it is fine. I just spent 20 minutes turning the PC on and off to try and get it to boot and I got the same message as you.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyc View Post
    Windows 8 Sleep mode.

Under certain circumstances, when my Windows 8 enter sleep mode manually, the power LED just goes off. (normally blinking). After wake the PC up using mouse or keyboard, the system on for 1 second then off, another 1 second with grinding sound then off, 3rd time with error messages " (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed" following "Error sending End Of Post message to ME. System halt!". Note that this sequence is continuous after wake up.

Also, after this problem occur, computer will not shutdown. Windows 8 is shutdown-ed & screen no signal but all case fan, cpu fan, and power LED all still on. Only manually unplug can turn the PC off.

RTFM?
    According to my instruction menu A0 - A7 is "Problem related to IDE or SATA devices. Please re-install IDE and SATA devices. If the problem still exists, please clear CMOS and try removing all SATA devices."

GIYBF?
    Only 3 results with no avail.

I already did clear CMOS and reposition SATA drive, updated BIOS and contact Asrock.

Is this problem power supply related issue or motherboard related issue or driver related issue? So that I can forward this problem to relevant department to investigate. Also translate the error message to human readable languages. Thanks in advance.

Spec:
    -500W Power Supply
    -G2020
    -8GB Corsair Kits RAM
    -Intel 520+WD Blue 500GB
    -Radeon 7770
    -B75M-DGS R2.0
    The error message, "Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed" following "Error sending End Of Post message to ME. System halt", seems to be coming from the Intel Management Engine Firmware Recovery Agent, which is attempting some action that fails, obviously. Why this is happening is the question. It could be just an accidental run of the IME Recovery Agent.

I wonder if your PC is entering Hibernate mode, rather than Sleep mode. The power LED not flashing is not a good sign, you should check what your Windows Power Plan, and find the entry on the main screen on the left that says, "Choose what the power buttons do", and disable Hibernate.

The grinding sound is probably your HDD.

Did you install Windows 8 with the SSD and the HDD in the PC, with both connected to power?

Thread Information