Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: z68 pro3 gen3 keeps restarting, not overheating

Default Re: z68 pro3 gen3 keeps restarting, not overheating

I have the same problem, go into the BIOS (UEFI, f2 on run) Advanced tab, CPU, and disable / Enhanced Halt State (C1E) / CPU C3 State Suppor / CPU C6 State Support and / Package C State Support. For me, it helped, I can not install ubuntu because restarts while charging the installer, but windows 7 64 bit works but sometimes can be reset when you least expect gets called. For example, when I turn on cs;go it often resets me.

My configuration is the same with the CPU, I have a g2020.

UEFI downgrade returned no results
    Last edited by cyborgstrike; 09-20-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Default Re: z68 pro3 gen3 keeps restarting, not overheating

i searched the web for more help since it seemed some of the later comments i received implied i had no clue what i was doing and it appears that this is a known motherboard problem when trying to boot the machine WITHOUT a third party video card. just using the video card that's built in will cause the issue i was having. by putting in another video card and using that, i haven't had any issues. seems like a lot of wasted time and reinstalling windows for a known motherboard problem. i'm using a pci-e card so i'm not sure if a video card that isn't pci-e would fix the problem. all i know is that using a video card and NOT the one built into the motherboard fixed all of my problems. so, for anyone who has similar issues, try to add a video card and see if that fixes everything. it did for me. and i wish i had remembered that i had removed my video card to use the onboard video output before this all started happening. oh well. wish they'd put out a firmware update. sorry i didn't post the solution a month ago.
    windows 7 x64 sp1 pro
    asrock z68 pro3 gen3
    intel i5 2500k @3.3ghz
    intel hd graphics 3000
    seagate st1500dl003 (1.5TB)
    4gb x2 g.skill ripjaws ddr3-1600 8-8-8-24
    corsair vx550w power supply @550W
    plain metal case

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information