Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: asrock b85m-itx which heatsink

Default Re: asrock b85m-itx which heatsink

Thank you again

I found the place that I need to connected the Reset SW, H.D.D LED, POWER SW, POWER LED -, POWER LED + but does it has to be in right order or mixed

asrock b85m-itx which heatsink-20130817_135553-jpg

Also on System Panel Header (9-pin PANEL1) saying but on the motherboard you can see there is only 8 pins and Reset SW, H.D.D LED, POWER SW, POWER LED -, POWER LED + they also 8 pins, its right yes?

Shiari is offline Member

Only for the leds it matters: the colored wire goes on the plus, the black or white wire (ground) goes on the other side. Usually the text on the connector would face outward when it's connected the right way as well.

Thanks. But now I am little confused now. I have already placed the POWER LED +, POWER LED -, ALSO HD LED +, HD LED-. Now is left with RESET SW AND POWER SW. In Manual book of asrock b85m-itx, it says PWRBTN# and RESET#, also there is 3 more pins says GND all three of them. I do not want to mess it up, so can you help me with the translation please, thank you.

parsec is offline Senior Member

GND (or Ground, or Earth) is the same as - (negative, or minus). The white wire on the PWRBTN (Power Button) and RESET is the GND wire.

You will have one extra GND pin on that connector, don't worry about it.

Thanks, I done everything now, I even turned it computer on, only for 10 sec, now I need to wait for the CPU to arrive now, it should have arrived today but I think it will be on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakiller1 View Post
    Well I got my Gigabyte GZ-G2 Gaming PC Case Mid Tower with 2 Front Fans ATX/Micro ATX Black today and as for tomorrow I might get the ASRock B85M-ITX Intel Socket 1150 Haswell to arrive and I ordered today Intel Core i5-4570S S1150 2.9GHz 6MB Haswell Quad Core CPU HD Graphics 4600 and it has been dispatched today and I also ordered Intel Original Heat Sink Fan Skt Core i7 i5 i3 1150 56 55 CPU Copper Base/AluFin. I got the PSU and Hard drive and Graphic Card already. Well I had to buy the CPU, as you said and I looked that it did not supported. Until 19 August I might get everything hopefully and see what will happen.
    I think you're making this more complicated than it has to be. The i5-4750s is a good match to the B85M-ITX. I have just finishd building a couple of these and H87M Pro4 boards with that processor. You do not need anything more than the HSF Intel provides in the retail package. Don't make yourself crazy shopping around and spending unnecessary cash on aftermarket coolers. I've run Prime95 on all of these builds and the temperature rise (the fan barely speeds up) of the cores over ambient is less than 50C. That's a perfectly satisfactory cooling situation.

BTW, these are both great little boards. I think you'll be pleased with the results with this processor. This is the CPUBenchmark for the H87M Pro4.

BTW, here's another data point for you: I used Pico power supplies (the 160W version) with all of the B85M-ITX builds. Works like a champ. One 2.5" HDD (Seagate hybrid "SSHDD" or whatever they call it.) Awesomely great little systems, let me tell you. Anyway, at idle, everything set to "auto" in BIOS (cause it seems to work best that way) these systems draw only 15W to 16W. At full load (Prime95) they can run from 40W to 55W.

Actually, The PC case I got was with 1 fan behind and 2 front, I found out this is for the graphic gaming connector but not the motherboard connector on fan, I managed to found a spare cable that connects all 3 of them with PSU, and I can use them now even without Graphic card Gaming. It looks good The i5-4750s with a good price, I was going to get I7 3770 OR 4700 but it was expensive, I always thought highest always better but now I get The i5-4750s its looks very good and plus I got 4GB CORSAIR DDR3 RAM and 750W PSU. Well I have to wait another two days for arrival of the i5-4750s.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information