Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock fx990 extreme 9

Unhappy asrock fx990 extreme 9

Hi guys i'm new ASROCK mobo user, and i need your help, please

i woul like to install windows 8 in UEFI mode, but i don't know how to set UEFI BIOS.

I can install windows only in legacy mode, but i'd like to install it in UEFI

how i can i install windows 8 on my asrock fx990 in UEFI mode ?

i can't find any UEFI devices on Boot.

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE

Shiari is offline Member

Default Re: asrock fx990 extreme 9

As I posted here not long ago:

Hooked up my SSD in another PC, did a destructive firmware update to clean up my (old) SSD which could only be done from Windows in IDE mode. Then booted my PC (with no UEFI boot enabled) and hit F8 for the boot menu. Chose the UEFI option for my flash drive with the Windows 8 installer on it, choosing this option basically tells the system to get ready for UEFI booting. During install I chose the now empty SSD for installation (my RAID array was also still connected, and not touched). Once Windows 8 was installed I went back to UEFI and enabled Ultra fast boot without problems, at which point I became aware my 770 supports it just fine as well. :)
    Some key points: select the UEFI version of the USB stick or DVD drive from the boot menu, install to an empty drive (for the GPT partioning), once that is done UEFI boot can be enabled in UEFI.

You can just install windows in MBR if your HDD or SSD are smaller then 2TB.

If you have drives 2TB or smaller.

All you need to do is erase your drives, put in a formatted fat 32 flash drive or DVD, hit F11 and bring up boot menu, choose UEFI- DVD or Flash drive ( where the windows installer is) boot to it to start the windows install process.

If you don't see UEFI, then the flash drive is not formatted fat or the UEFI boot file is missing from them.

thanks to all guyz , you are the best!!!

now i try to do this things

so i can't install windows 8 uefi on ssd 120 Gb, but only on my hhd 2Tb. thanks a lot

Shiari is offline Member

You can install on a 120GB SSD ... I'm running only 64GB, still need to upgrade my SSD.

Question Re: asrock fx990 extreme 9

Quote Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
    You can install on a 120GB SSD ... I'm running only 64GB, still need to upgrade my SSD.
    can you write me how i have to proceed, please?

Shiari is offline Member

Exactly the same ...

Make sure your SSD is connected to the first SATA ports (the 6 AMD ones, not the 2 ASMedia ones) ... which port of the 6 you use shouldn't matter, but it may help you to remember which is which by using the first port
    Go to UEFI, make sure the AMD SATA controller is set to AHCI
    Insert your USB stick or DVD with the Windows 8 installation
    Boot the system, hit F8 for the boot menu
    Choose UEFI: (your dvd drive) or UEFI: (your usb stick)
    Once Windows asks you where to install, point it to the SSD ... if you see any partitions there (you didn't say whether it was a new drive) delete those first. Can't remember what the options are called, but just let Windows decide on the creation of partitions.

As you're booting UEFI it'll create a GPT partition table and (as explained before) you should be able to enable Fast boot in UEFI after Windows is installed.

If you need more help you really need to explain where you're getting stuck, what you're seeing, what is happening, etc.

Red face Re: asrock fx990 extreme 9

thanks a lot, now i try this steps, and if i 'll need help i will post you.

thanks x your kindness

Thumbs up Re: asrock fx990 extreme 9

Quote Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
    Exactly the same ...

Make sure your SSD is connected to the first SATA ports (the 6 AMD ones, not the 2 ASMedia ones) ... which port of the 6 you use shouldn't matter, but it may help you to remember which is which by using the first port
    Go to UEFI, make sure the AMD SATA controller is set to AHCI
    Insert your USB stick or DVD with the Windows 8 installation
    Boot the system, hit F8 for the boot menu
    Choose UEFI: (your dvd drive) or UEFI: (your usb stick)
    Once Windows asks you where to install, point it to the SSD ... if you see any partitions there (you didn't say whether it was a new drive) delete those first. Can't remember what the options are called, but just let Windows decide on the creation of partitions.

As you're booting UEFI it'll create a GPT partition table and (as explained before) you should be able to enable Fast boot in UEFI after Windows is installed.

If you need more help you really need to explain where you're getting stuck, what you're seeing, what is happening, etc.
    THANKS @SHIARI, i followed your instruction, and all is working well.
    thanks a lot for your help

Thread Information