Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Sorry I did not reply sooner, I missed your last post.

I don't think installing Windows again will fix your problem, that does not affect the BIOS at all.

What are you using for a mouse, a wireless mouse or a gaming mouse? Do you have a simple wired mouse, either USB or even PS2 you can try? Did you ever try moving around the BIOS screen with the keyboard, and highlighting the thing you want to click on, and then press Enter on the keyboard? A simple wired keyboard might also help you select what you want on a BIOS screen.

Tomys is offline Junior Member

Default Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

yes parsec I'm using simple wired usb mouse & keyboard. Strange when I'm in BIOS flashing screen my keyboard is dead, can not arrow up or down or press enter, can not do anything. with the mouse pointer I can move any where, but I can not click on anything to work or reboot normally with the mouse , I resume the screen frozen. So I have to press restart button to boot normal. Thanks parsec hopefully You come up with a solution.

Hi Parsec do you know if its safe downgrade to previous bios?

After updating this BIOS, please flash newer versions only.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PLAY911 View Post
    Hi Parsec do you know if its safe downgrade to previous bios?

After updating this BIOS, please flash newer versions only.

Thank you
    That is a difficult question, that depends on your mother board and CPU, what UEFI/BIOS version you have now, and if you successfully applied the Ivy Bridge compatible UEFI/BIOS version.

As you know, ASRock does not recommend flashing to earlier versions, once the Ivy Bridge compatible UEFI has been applied. That is why the earlier UEFI versions have been removed. That was done on all boards that have the Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge compatibility update. The IVB compatible UEFI/BIOS version changes the Intel IME firmware that is part of the UEFI/BIOS file, and it is not known if the earlier UEFI/BIOS versions restore the SB style IME firmware.

I have seen a couple posts that claim users of boards like yours have successfully changed back to an earlier UEFI/BIOS version, but I can't verify that myself with every ASRock board that this applies to. I also don't know what state their UEFI/BIOS was in when they tried to change back, meaning did they successfully change to the IVB compatible version or not, before they changed back to the earlier version.

What is your board's current situation, UEFI/BIOS version update history, the CPU that you use, and how does your board function now?

Hi Parsec sorry for the delay in my response.....I downgraded to 3.00 and evererything worked fine but (always but ;) ) there is a problem my VTT voltaje and VCSA voltage are stuck....I cant change them...something really weird. I bought a new ios chip to know if the problem was because of the downgrade and still the coltages are stuck. Do you know what can be the problem?...I have tried everything, flash older versions, use AXTU....nothing seems to work!....plz helpThank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    That is a difficult question, that depends on your mother board and CPU, what UEFI/BIOS version you have now, and if you successfully applied the Ivy Bridge compatible UEFI/BIOS version.As you know, ASRock does not recommend flashing to earlier versions, once the Ivy Bridge compatible UEFI has been applied. That is why the earlier UEFI versions have been removed. That was done on all boards that have the Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge compatibility update. The IVB compatible UEFI/BIOS version changes the Intel IME firmware that is part of the UEFI/BIOS file, and it is not known if the earlier UEFI/BIOS versions restore the SB style IME firmware.I have seen a couple posts that claim users of boards like yours have successfully changed back to an earlier UEFI/BIOS version, but I can't verify that myself with every ASRock board that this applies to. I also don't know what state their UEFI/BIOS was in when they tried to change back, meaning did they successfully change to the IVB compatible version or not, before they changed back to the earlier version.What is your board's current situation, UEFI/BIOS version update history, the CPU that you use, and how does your board function now?

Please delete this post.

Sorry and thank you.
    Last edited by bleepboop; 04-27-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAY911 View Post
    Hi Parsec sorry for the delay in my response.....I downgraded to 3.00 and evererything worked fine but (always but ;) ) there is a problem my VTT voltaje and VCSA voltage are stuck....I cant change them...something really weird. I bought a new ios chip to know if the problem was because of the downgrade and still the coltages are stuck. Do you know what can be the problem?...I have tried everything, flash older versions, use AXTU....nothing seems to work!....plz helpThank you!
    You have a new BIOS chip? What BIOS version does it have? You are using a Sandy Bridge E CPU, correct, which model? Did you install the Intel IME software?

Changing to BIOS 3.0 on your original BIOS chip did not fix everything because the IME firmware that is part of the BIOS did not get replaced. That only happens on special BIOS updates like 3.20.

If the new BIOS chip did not allow you to change the VTT and VCSA voltages, something is really wrong. Have you cleared the CMOS/BIOS, loaded the UEFI/BIOS defaults, removed the board's battery and cleared the CMOS/BIOS at the same time?

Hello

I have Asrock P67 Fatality Performance MB.
    BIOS is 2.20
    Yesterday i was updated my ME FW from v8.0.2.1402(which was in BIOS 2.20) to v8.1.52.1496.
    Now i want to update my BIOS(2.20) with "UEFI BIOS Updater". [Tool] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)
    I wanna know if flashing 2.20 bios again will rewrite ME FW to older version,because in the 2.20 BIOS is ME FW 8.0.2.1402 and it is flashed when you flash BIOS.
    It is described here in topic:

2. After updating BIOS, please press any key to restart your system. At this moment, please do not remove the USB flash until Intel ME F/W update is finished.

Should i try to downgrade ME FW manualy before flashing BIOS and is it possible?
    And if i leave this ME FW 8.1.52.1496 and try to flash BIOS 2.20 could i brick the MB?

I just flashed my updated 2.20 BIOS,i was updated CPU Microcode and OROM IRST SATA.
    All went well and ME FW remained v8.1.52.1496 :)

Bebop0389 is offline Junior Member

Thanks for taking the time to post this thread, when clearly even the ASRock couldnt be bothered to include decent details.

I was thinking about updating my Z68 bios to the latest/Ivy version even though I have a SB CPU. Glad I found this before doing it and potentially causing issues.

Sad that their documentation is so poor. Between this and (moreso) their customer svc (9 days to respond to an email FFS), I'll never buy ASrock again.

EDIT: Sounds like the BIOS update is fairly safe, judging from all those that said it worked. Still, I'm gonna wait to do it until I have the cash to buy a new mobo in case I brick it. I also emailed ASRock('s ****ty) customer support to shed some light on this (I won't hold my breath).
    Last edited by Bebop0389; 05-08-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information