Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Default Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Quote Originally Posted by ventech View Post
    Hi everybody!

I have a problem with my Asrock X79 Extreme9 and my I7 3930K. By mistake I updated my bios to 3.60 versión, and now I have problems with my southbridge temps and voltages. I tried flashing 3.9, 4.0 and old bios versions and changing the IME version but the problem don´t disappear. Anybody have been the same problem or know how can be fix?
    Contact Asrock, I did over the weekend and had a reply this morning, which I am about to post.

Default Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

I have had a reply!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

In 2011 there has been a recall for Intel 6-series motherboards. The B2 stepping of the Intel chipset had some bug which was mainly SATA3 related. This was fixed in the B3 stepping of the chipset. The B2 version cannot support Intel ME8 firmware either, which is part of BIOS 3.10 and later BIOS versions.

So your motherboards cannot support BIOS 3.10 or later. The last suitable official BIOS version for your motherboard is 2.00.
    1. Do you need UEFI boot mode because you want to use Ultra Fast Boot in Windows 8.1? Or because you want to install Windows on a 3TB HDD?

2. How did you update the BIOS? With the downloads there we offer on our website it should not be possible:
    ASRock > P67 Pro3
    The flash tool for Windows will check which chipset version your have, and if it is not suitable then you should not be able to flash the BIOS.

You cannot successfully flash back to an earlier BIOS yourself. The chip has to be replaced with one that is programmed externally. I can send you a chip as soon as it’s clear which BIOS version is most suitable for you. Can you please give me your address?

Replacing the chip is easy. Please see the attached example.

Thanks,
    ASRock Support

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Perry View Post
    Contact Asrock, I did over the weekend and had a reply this morning, which I am about to post.
    Thanks you Dave Perry. By where you contacted? by website?, or they have any email address where I can contact them?

Best thing to do is call ASRock and ask for them to send you a new bios chip. They did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ventech View Post
    Thanks you Dave Perry. By where you contacted? by website?, or they have any email address where I can contact them?
    From here:
    ASRock > Support
    Click on "Contact Technical Support"
    It will take you here:
    ASRock > Support Request Form

From here:
    ASRock > Support
    Click on "Contact Technical Support"
    It will take you here:
    ASRock > Support Request Form
    Thanks you man!

I completed the support request form. I hope get answer soon or I'll have to call them..

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
    Best thing to do is call ASRock and ask for them to send you a new bios chip. They did it for me.
    for free?

Is it really free considering the pain their error(s) has(have) caused me? But yeah, you could call it free :)
    I'll let you know how long it takes to arrive.

The BIOS chip arrived on Saturday, not too bad from the Netherlands.
    Had to reinstall windows, despite being told UEFI boot mode should be available, it wasn't for either my SSD or HD, but was for a USB device I had plugged in.

parsec is offline Senior Member

The BIOS chip arrived on Saturday, not too bad from the Netherlands.
    Had to reinstall windows, despite being told UEFI boot mode should be available, it wasn't for either my SSD or HD, but was for a USB device I had plugged in.
    So did you solve your problem or not? UEFI mode may be available, it's just not obvious, let me know if you need help.

If not, what BIOS version did you get with the new CMOS chip?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information