Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Z77Extreme4: Avermedia H727 PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected

Default Re: Z77Extreme4: Avermedia H727 PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected

Dear TomJ,

Because we don't have the same Avermedia TV card, I tested Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card (PCIE1) and HD7850 (PCIE2) on Z77 Extreme4 with BIOS P2.90.
    Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card link: AVerMedia MPD USA - PCTV tuner card - HDTV tuners - HD Capture - Live TV on iPad - HD Media Player - Live IPTV Streaming Encoder -Video Capture Card - Live Gamer HD

When testing with default settings, the capature card can be recognized normally after rebooting or shutdown.
    I did the test for 20 times, but I didn't see the symtpom. The capture card can be recognized each time.

Did you try to install the capture card and Sapphire HD7850 to another system to check if the symptom still exist?
    Please also refer to below suggestions to try.
    1. Update the latest BIOS P2.90 from below link to try.
    Link: ASRock > Z77 Extreme4
    2. If possible, please try another VGA card to check if this issue is related to HD7850.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

TomJ is offline Junior Member

Hello guys, first of all thank the asrock support for assistance.

The version of the bios is 2.90 (the latest in practice). I tried to move the avermedia in the first slot pci-e 1x (one near the cooler cpu), the video card sapphire hd 7850 in the second slot pci-e 16x (near the bottom of the case) and I noticed that in this way the TV tuner is recognized without any problems (at least from experiments made in the day today).
    But there are two problems with this configuration:
    1: I have less slots for installing expansion cards coming
    2: I am concerned that after disabling: the integrated video card, smart connect, and other functions useless for me, I press F10 to save and restart the pc. The monitor connected to the radeon no signal is received. I am forced to reset the bios to factory defaults to be able to see something on the screen.
    Tomorrow should bring a PC and then try to revive even a 4870 vapor-x, I will update soon ... I am desperate

hello guys, i've more news.. I take 4-5 day for testing pc and i write a report..

Hello guys, finally the card works at 100%. The problem lay in the asrock bios, pressing the clearCMOS was not restored to the vcore @ stock but remained too low. I removed the battery and finally the vcore was reset and now everything works perfectly. Thank you for the suggestions and I thank in particular the technical support Asrock!

Hello guys, I'm back here with some (bad) news.
    Leaving the bios (version 2.90) to the values ​​@ stock everything works great, I tried to oc and the processor is stable, he worked about 80 hours divided between linx 4 hours, 4 hours of OCCT and the rest with the software I normally use. The temperatures under load are around 56 Celsius.
    When you turn on the PC often remains the asrock logo for about 10-15 seconds (from bios: prompt timeout 1s) and when this happens the damn avermedia is not recognized ...
    Z77Extreme4: Avermedia H727 PCIe x1 TV Tuner not detected-u7jd-jpg
    Enable C1E, disable 3 and 6
    Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

TomJ,

Sorry you haven't solved your problem yet. You might try running your memory speed at 1600 instead of XMP 1866; sometimes this places too much demand on the bus. You really should try a different tuner card. I have been using Hauppauge's 1600, 1800, 2250 - all successfully in many different systems. I did have problems with other brands of cards similar to your problems, but none with the Hauppauge cards. Good luck!

thanks for the support steveherdt, I'll try to bring the ram to 1600 ... If you do not solve the problem I'll change the avermedia, I want to take time because they are a little short of money .. I miss my old canopus: (

I try to send a private message to Emily, is a very helpful person, I hope can help me again ...
    I tried again to remove the battery and replace the values ​​in oc, but the problem remains: (

up :)

Now I'm trying with a new Extreme4 that I took for a friend, clearly with my avermedia and my processor and it seems to work, the parameters of oc are the same, the bios is version 2.7, my 2.9 .. I start to think that my card is damage or loss: (

EDIT:
    Also with the new card remains the problem at this point is a problem of how the asrock manages the oc .. I open a new post where explain everything
    Last edited by TomJ; 10-20-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information