Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Extreme 11 power and reset button on motherboard

Default Extreme 11 power and reset button on motherboard

I noticed that while the computer is running my Motherboard power and reset button led is not working and they dont light up so is this normal. Any help would be needed as this is a new build and i am a little worried. Thanks

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Extreme 11 power and reset button on motherboard

Extreme 11... X79? Z77? Likely makes no difference.

My ASRock Z87 board's power and reset switch LEDs light up when the board is first turned on via the case power switch, but as soon as the POST beep occurs, the LEDs go out.

The behavior of the various onboard LED switches may be controlled by a UEFI setting, the "Good Night" LED option, but that is mainly for the case power and HDD activity LEDs.

Default Re: Extreme 11 power and reset button on motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Extreme 11... X79? Z77? Likely makes no difference.

My ASRock Z87 board's power and reset switch LEDs light up when the board is first turned on via the case power switch, but as soon as the POST beep occurs, the LEDs go out.

The behavior of the various onboard LED switches may be controlled by a UEFI setting, the "Good Night" LED option, but that is mainly for the case power and HDD activity LEDs.
    Thanks Parsec, you have put my mind at ease knowing that. My boards LED power and resset switch does the same as yours, so all is good. I was getting a little worried. I will go into my bios and have a look around and see if I can see any settings of the sort. Thanks again its much appreciated.

Thread Information