Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 760GM-S3 boot option problem

Default 760GM-S3 boot option problem

I have a 760GM-S3 motherboard with BIOS 1.10. I have four 2TB HDDs connected to the SATA ports and a 2GB Transcend Flash module plugged straight into the primary IDE header. I want to boot from the Flash module and run the HDDs as a software RAID 10. I am able to do this if I hit F11 during POST and choose the Flash module from the list. The problem is that I can't set it to boot from the Flash module in BIOS. It only shows the one "1st boot device", and that is one of the HDDs. There are no other boot devices listed. All five devices show under "Hard Disk Drives", but I can't do anything in there. Am I doing something wrong? I need boot to be unattended, since this will be a headless NAS. Thanks for reading this Somebody Else's Problem.

Default Re: 760GM-S3 boot option problem

OK, I'm a retard. I don't see a way to delete this thread, so I'll just say thanks for not flaming me. You have to go into the HDD list and hit enter<enter> on the first one and select the boot device that way.</enter>

Thread Information