Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I'm getting black screen after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4

Unhappy I'm getting black screen after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4

I have a new build PC after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 I'm getting a black screen. can anybody help me with my problem? first i tried to install the motherboard disc but the VGA driver from the disc is not working so i downloaded the driver from asrock website.. then it works fine.. but another problem is if i try to disconnect my internet connection or try to unplugg the USB for wifi the screen turns to black again... hope you guys can help.. thank you

BlackMist is offline Junior Member

Default Re: I'm getting black screen after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4

Try updating bios version (i update mine right after un-boxing it), i had the same motherboard and CPU combo and i recommend updating the bios since it add support for features not only for the CPU but for the iGPU as well, it might be a case where the bios is not detecting the iGPU after updating the bios it detect it right away and allow u to tweak the igpu volt and frequency also i recommend downloading the latest video driver from AMD and not AsRock since they have older video drivers.

As for the motherboard verify something for me, check if your having voltages drop in load and idle, my board had vdrop and vdroop :(.

Hope it works for you, i enjoyed mine while it lasted :).

Thread Information