Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I'm getting a black screen after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4

Post I'm getting a black screen after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4

I have a new build PC after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 I'm getting a black screen. can anybody help me with my problem? first i tried to install the motherboard disc but the VGA driver from the disc is not working so i downloaded the driver from asrock website.. then it works fine.. but another problem is if i try to disconnect my internet connection or try to unplugg the USB for wifi the screen turns to black again... hope you guys can help.. thank you

Motherboard: Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4
    Motherboard Bios Version: P1.20
    Processor: AMD A10-6800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 4100 Mhz, 2 cores, 4 process logic
    RAM: DIMM 8GB DDR3-1866 kit

BlackMist is offline Junior Member

Smile Re: I'm getting a black screen after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4

Quote Originally Posted by jamzky View Post
    I have a new build PC after installing the VGA driver for Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4 I'm getting a black screen. can anybody help me with my problem? first i tried to install the motherboard disc but the VGA driver from the disc is not working so i downloaded the driver from asrock website.. then it works fine.. but another problem is if i try to disconnect my internet connection or try to unplugg the USB for wifi the screen turns to black again... hope you guys can help.. thank you

Motherboard: Asrock FM2A85X Extreme4
    Motherboard Bios Version: P1.20
    Processor: AMD A10-6800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 4100 Mhz, 2 cores, 4 process logic
    RAM: DIMM 8GB DDR3-1866 kit
    I had the same board and CPU, i think the iGPU is not supported until you update the bios to the latest version when i got mine i update bios first even after seeing the CPU was supported with the default bios version. Try updating bios and then check if the problem persists, windows should have a video driver to work until u re-install the video driver for the igpu if u have to re-install it.

And download drivers from AMD site should be version 13.8 beta2.

Thread Information