Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: FM2A85X Extreme6 BIOS 2.30 installation -- no joy

Default FM2A85X Extreme6 BIOS 2.30 installation -- no joy

It wouldn't update via internet, so I went to grab the file and do it manually. I see the description is "Change Internet Flash server", so I reckon that solves the net update issue.

mmkay, so I run the FA85EX6230.exe, up pops a prompt telling me it needs to reboot. I do so.

Upon reboot, the graphics mode has changed (borders wrong, refresh rate wrong). The AMD Vision Engine Control Center now has no provisions for changing graphics settings and I can't change them in Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, either.
    Plus, I now get a AMD Quick Stream Error prompt "The license installed is not intended for this computer". WTF?

edit: nm the AMD error; fixed that by installing the 13.10 beta driver.. still can't update BIOS, though.

edit 2: forgot specifics: I get the reboot prompt after running the installer, but when I reboot, no progress is made with the install. I'm still at v2.2, no further action from the installer and no ability to connect via net while in UEFI.
    Last edited by IT Hertz; 09-20-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Thread Information