Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H67M-ITX: PC constantly powers on and off. no beep, no screen

Default H67M-ITX: PC constantly powers on and off. no beep, no screen

I sent a message to support last week, but I haven't received a reply yet. Maybe it's the typhoon or something. I kind of need a solution soon.

Ok, so I built my PC about 1year 8months ago and never had a problem with it. One day, I try to turn it on, but it goes into a power on/ power off cycle every 3sec. No screen or beep from the PC. I did some searching, seems like a common problem, and I follow the advices from other forums. I bought a new power supply, problem still there. I pulled out everything, leaving behind only the PSU, MB, and CPU, assuming this would at least give me a beep or some kind of screen or the power would stay on. BH67Mut still, problem persist, no screen, no beep, just power on/off cycle. So my guess is, it's either the MB(H67M-ITX) or CPU(i5 2500k, I don't OC), most likely the MB.

I would like to confirm if it is indeed my MB, so I can proceed to buy a new one. Or if there is a fix solution? that would be great. Also, am I still under warranty after 1y8m? if so, I will try to take it up with them.

thanks~

Default Re: H67M-ITX: PC constantly powers on and off. no beep, no screen

its your power supply i had the same problem a while back of my computer constantly switching on and off and on and off try replacing it or testing out a friends in yours

Quote Originally Posted by Th3L00nYm00N View Post
    its your power supply
    thank you for your reply. I initially thought it was the power supply too. so I bought a new one but the problem still persist. I also checked both power supply by connecting the green wire to a black wire on the 20/14 pin with a paper clip:
    Check a Power Supply - wikiHow

both PSU are fine, so it seems. so now I think it's either the MB shorted, or it's the CPU. and I really don't want to buy a new CPU :/

Not a very popular thread, but I will post my conclusion for future references.

Asrock support reply to my email after about a week:
    "Dear customer:

Thanks for contacting ASROCK.

Please follow the procedure to check your system.
    1. Remove power cord and use jumper to clear CMOS.
    (Refer user manual http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H67M-ITX/?cat=Manual)
    2. then re-install CPU and memory modules.
    3. Install only one memory module, and the CPU for try.(Remove all devices)
    4. Install memory module in different slot for try.
    5. If possible, please try with another CPU and memory module for verify.
    If still have the symptom, please contact your dealer where you bought
    Or our distributor for RMA procedure.
    http://www.asrock.com/general/buy.asp?Product=MB&Country=Japan
    Thanks!

All the best,
    ASRock TSD"

I tried procedures 1-4 before and I tried it again. Still no luck. I don't have the resources to test another CPU(5).

It seems like I'm still under warranty. 2 years, though it's not written anywhere except a few distributor websites. The CPU has a 3 year warranty. So I plan to go to the shop that I bought it at. It's a big computer parts distributor in Japan and they deal with customer support all the time. So I think I should be fine.

Thanks for reading.

Thread Information