Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can't flash BIOS on Asrock z77 Extreme4

Default Can't flash BIOS on Asrock z77 Extreme4

Hi,

I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard with BIOS version 2.00.

I'm trying to flash the BIOS with a more recent version but it just doesn't work, and I've tried various methods. Note that this is not the first time I flash the BIOS on this motherboard.

I've tried putting the ROM in a USB drive and using Instant Flash, but it just says that it doesn't find any suitable file.
    I've also tried using the Windows flash utility and it says "Firmware file size does not match existing Firmware size".
    Internet flash through the BIOS says that it can't find a suitable server or something like that.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Can't flash BIOS on Asrock z77 Extreme4

Internet flash won't work because the server for the BIOS files has changed, as noted in the latest BIOS version, 2.90, that changes the address of the server to the new one. Internet flash won't work until you apply version 2.90.

Sorry but I must ask, did you unzip the BIOS download file before putting the resulting file on the USB flash drive?

Why the Windows method does not work, who knows? I would try clearing the CMOS/BIOS first, and then try using Instant Flash again, with the appropriate file on the USB drive. The filename of the BIOS file should be just like this, for version 2.90: Z77EXT42.90

Default Re: Can't flash BIOS on Asrock z77 Extreme4

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I unzipped the file and put in on the root of the USB drive (I actually put both files, the zip file and the unzipped file).

I'll try clearing the CMOS and see if it works.

Thread Information