Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AXTU no longer works after updating to latest BIOS (2.80) - Z77 Extreme 6

DeepBlueSky is offline Junior Member

Default AXTU no longer works after updating to latest BIOS (2.80) - Z77 Extreme 6

Hi,

Today I updated my Z77 Extreme 6 BIOS to the latest offered by ASRock (version 2.80), and Extreme Tuner Utility no longer works. I had been using BIOS version 1.90.

I uninstalled AXTU and reinstalled and still no go.

When launched an error box with nothing but an 'ok' pops up, after pressing 'ok' the windows appcrash notification occurs.

The version of AXTU I was using was 1.250, and I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I'm unable to find a more recent version of AXTU anywhere on ASRock's website.

Does anyone have an idea as to a fix for this?

Thank you much in advance.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: AXTU no longer works after updating to latest BIOS (2.80) - Z77 Extreme 6

Yes that is strange, what BIOS version did you update from, not that it should matter.

Version 2.80 is just the download server for the Internet flash server, which all ASRock boards with this feature have a similar update.

I've had a vaguely similar problem with the ASRock Restart to UEFI program, just seemed to break one day, no reason I could find.

A small chance this might help, did you notice that the ASRock XFast RAM program, which is installed with AXTU, is a separate program that does not uninstall when AXTU is uninstalled? Did you happen to use XFast RAM?

Either way try uninstalling AXTU, and then uninstall XFast RAM. Reboot and install AXTU again, which will install both again. IMO, stay with the version of AXTU on your board's download page, there are reasons for doing that since all versions may not support all boards.

DeepBlueSky is offline Junior Member

Default Re: AXTU no longer works after updating to latest BIOS (2.80) - Z77 Extreme 6

Thanks for the reply!

I updated from 1.90. I never really had a need to update, so hadn't before but I figured I was so many versions behind it was about time I did.

I tried uninstalling XfastRam, rebooting, and reinstalling but that didn't work, so I went and uninstalled all ASRock and Xfast Utilities plus the AppCharger and SmartConnect. I reinstalled everything except the SmartConnect and AXTU works again.

Can't imagine what it was, but it works now.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Great, nice work!

Good information too, since somewhere among all those programs a file was fixed or who knows what else. Strange how the other utilities that seem unrelated, somehow are.

Thread Information