Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New build turns on and off no beep codes HELP!!!!

Default New build turns on and off no beep codes HELP!!!!

<figure class="usrProfile"><figcaption class="line infosHold"> </figcaption> </figure>
    New build turns on and off will not post.
    This is what I've done so far mind you no beep codes on anything that I've tried so far:
    1. Checked PSU okay
    2. Checked on and off switch okay
    3. Unplugged all items just essentials plugged in - same problem
    4. Removed board from case reseated everything - same problem
    5. Tried one RAM in each slot - same problem
    6. Checked CPU socket (no bent pins) and CPU reseated - same problem
    7. 24 pin and 8 pin sockets are fully seated while outside the case (checked and rechecked)

Now the interesting part. I removed all the RAM and (still breadboarded) and then it turned on and off a few times then stayed on. Still no beeps? I tried this several times and the same results.
    I suspecting the RAM is bad (if I had another set of RAM I would try it). Thoughts?

I have a EVGA GTX 650ti w/boost 2gb Video card that I've not installed yet.

Components
    ASROCK H77M: MOBO
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4) DIMM 1600 DDR3 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B): RAM
    Intel i3 3220: CPU
    LOGISYS PS550E12BK 550W ATX12V: PSU
    COOLER MASTER Elite 430 Black RC-430-KWN6: Case
    Western Digital WD1002FBYS 1TB 7200 RPM: Hard Drive
    Asus DRW 24B1ST: DVD

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New build turns on and off no beep codes HELP!!!!

Your Corsair memory is not listed in the board's Memory Support List:

ASRock > H77M

Does that mean that any memory that is not listed will not work? No, some will work, but they are the exception, most models not listed won't work. I cannot find any Corsair memory with a model number close to yours. You can't just use any memory you choose with a mother board, they have become much more picky about the memory that will work. Actually, the CPU is at least part of the reason, as the memory controller is in the CPU.

Another problem you may have now or will occur later is your power supply. Sorry to say it is a low quality unit. To give you some idea about that, here is a review of a similarly spec'd Logisys power supply:

Logisys PS600A12 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Once this is used with your GTX 650 TI card when under stress, if it is similar to the PSU in the review above, the PC will either shutdown, the PSU will fail, or at best the PC will function but at a passable level, as the voltages will drop and no remaining power will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Your Corsair memory is not listed in the board's Memory Support List:

ASRock > H77M

Does that mean that any memory that is not listed will not work? No, some will work, but they are the exception, most models not listed won't work. I cannot find any Corsair memory with a model number close to yours. You can't just use any memory you choose with a mother board, they have become much more picky about the memory that will work. Actually, the CPU is at least part of the reason, as the memory controller is in the CPU.

Another problem you may have now or will occur later is your power supply. Sorry to say it is a low quality unit. To give you some idea about that, here is a review of a similarly spec'd Logisys power supply:

Logisys PS600A12 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Once this is used with your GTX 650 TI card when under stress, if it is similar to the PSU in the review above, the PC will either shutdown, the PSU will fail, or at best the PC will function but at a passable level, as the voltages will drop and no remaining power will be available.

So are you saying it maybe the CPU rather than the RAM or MOBO?
    Interesting about the power supply?

Suspect PSU. Voltage rail specs more resemble that for an older P4 or Athlon system; ie higher +3.3v and +5v rails

LOGISYS Computer PS550E12BK 550W ATX12V Power Supply
    LOGISYS Computer PS550E12BK 550W ATX12V Power Supply - Newegg.com

You "might' double check on pages 34/35 that the PSU's 4-pin MB power connector is place in the correct position in the 8-pin connector. The referenced pages show proper orientation to be using the 4-pin ATX12V(P4) your PSU has.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm40 View Post
    So are you saying it maybe the CPU rather than the RAM or MOBO?
    Interesting about the power supply?
    No, just explaining one reason why you can't use any RAM you choose. Nothing wrong with the CPU that we know of at this point, and another one would make no difference in getting your memory to work.

If you've made no progress, I would suggest trying some memory that is listed in the memory compatibility list, or a very similar model number part, at least until you can get the board running and Windows installed.

wardog, I read those Newegg reviews too, but I thought a pro review would be more believable. I agree that the Newegg reviews are not a good sign, to put it mildly...

wardog, I read those Newegg reviews too, but I thought a pro review would be more believable. I agree that the Newegg reviews are not a good sign, to put it mildly...
    Black eye indeed. With the exception of the Logisys PSU, nice system Malcom. Sadly, I'd be surprised if it supplies 2/3'rds of it rated output(s).

I've stated it before, and it bears repeating here. Consider the PSU the foundation, for all built above it relies heavily on it being well built and sturdy.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Black eye indeed. With the exception of the Logisys PSU, nice system Malcom. Sadly, I'd be surprised if it supplies 2/3'rds of it rated output(s).

I've stated it before, and it bears repeating here. Consider the PSU the foundation, for all built above it relies heavily on it being well built and sturdy.
    Well I just ordered memory and a power supply.
    I'm also RMA the MB back for a replacement (just covering my basis).

New PSU is the Corsair CX600
    New memory G-Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) this is approved memory for this MB.

Hopefully with these changes I can get it working.
    I'll then sell the other memory and PSU on eBay to get some of my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post

I heartily agree, so true. If the CPU is the brain of a PC, the power supply is the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm40 View Post
    Well I just ordered memory and a power supply.
    I'm also RMA the MB back for a replacement (just covering my basis).

New PSU is the Corsair CX600
    New memory G-Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) this is approved memory for this MB.

Hopefully with these changes I can get it working.
    I'll then sell the other memory and PSU on eBay to get some of my money back.
    I hope you bought that from Newegg, they have quite a special on it for a few days: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

It's better than the Logisis, but not by a large amount. Only rated at 30C, but you do get the Corsair warranty, and their customer service is good in my experience.

I heartily agree, so true. If the CPU is the brain of a PC, the power supply is the heart.

I hope you bought that from Newegg, they have quite a special on it for a few days: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

It's better than the Logisis, but not by a large amount. Only rated at 30C, but you do get the Corsair warranty, and their customer service is good in my experience.
    Yep I saw that and with the extra discount made it pretty reasonable.

I received the replacement MB from Newegg today. Went home and installed with the new PSU and Memory and turned it on and the same problem.
    On and off. Breadboarded the MB, switched differnet RAM to different DIMM slots etc. No beep codes, no boot, turns on and off.
    I now suspectr the CPU because it's the only thing I have not replaced (Intel i3 3220). Still under warranty so sent Intel an email requesting an RMA. Hopefully I can get this resolved before 2014.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information