Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z87e-itx enabling DTS creates problem in Win7 64 sound devices, WMP/ games error / no sound

Unhappy ASRock Z87e-itx enabling DTS creates problem in Win7 64 sound devices, WMP/ games error / no sound

Hi all,

I have this feeling I am doing something wrong. I bought the z87e-itx just for the DTS connect feature to encode 5.1 on the fly for games over the digital output. I have the latest (7004) Realtek drivers from ASRock installed. When I select DTS Interactive 5.1 from Default Format, the test sound plays and the receiver shows DTS! However when I close all windows and reopen playback devices, I get "Windows has detected that enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Realtek Digital output. Would you like to disable?". DTS connect is the enhancement with the problem so no, I do not want to... I tried all exclusive mode and priority settings too, no go

In addition Windows Media Player cannot play any music and Windows Media Centre throws an error re. audio as well. Games do not output any sound (eg l4d2 or doom3),. VLC does play mp3s but NO sound no matter what settings in its audio section. All is back to normal if I disable DTS Interactive and Connect - which defeats the purpose.

Strange thing is that the Windows Sounds (Dings, startup etc) WORK and they are turned into DTS on my receiver! I cannot use HDMI or analog on that BTW so I need to get this realtime thing working...

I wonder - is there a conflict with some default audio renderer? I have no custom codecs, Win 7 64 bit. Why do the Windows sounds work but I cannot play any mp3 in WMP for example?

Could it be something simple? How can i 'reset' all codecs in Win7 64? I have Win7DSFIlterTeaker with all set to MERIT - I also tried other settings but I am not sure what I am doing...

Any help / ideas pls?? Thank you

Default Re: ASRock Z87e-itx enabling DTS creates problem in Win7 64 sound devices, WMP/ games error / no sound

Just wanted to add... I have purchased a second hand Z5500 just to try direct output from the Z87e-itx. The enhancements for the speakers are creating the same problems! WMP wont play etc.

So it is either 1) some Win7 64 codec prob or most likely 2) RealTek drivers problem.

Also 3DSoundback for games like DOOM3 in Win7 64 does not work, even if you get it going (run in Vista mode), it will make no difference, you get just stereo.

Will keep looking but it does not look good. Next option: USB Creative sound card with DD Live encoding, only like another $AUD100. Cheap as?? ^@^$!_

Thread Information