Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misoriented my dimm during testing, dr diag says 19, 53. Wat I break? RAM AND/OR MOBO

Default Re: Misoriented my dimm during testing, dr diag says 19, 53. Wat I break? RAM AND/OR MOBO

Hi All!

Thanks for all the replies and assistance! I've ordered new RAM and it is on the way. I've also been in contact with an ASRock Support Rep who says they'll replace the MOBO if it's defective! So at this point, I think its just a matter of being patient and then testing that the new RAM works in the A1, B1, C1, D1 slots!

I'm pretty sure the cause of the problem is that the sticks were placed incorrectly (upside down, not out of order) as Parsec mentioned. Hopefully that didn't fry the MOBO RAM slots.

Thanks again, and will update when I have some more info!

Default Re: Misoriented my dimm during testing, dr diag says 19, 53. Wat I break? RAM AND/OR MOBO

Hi All,

Before I mail in my mainboard, I wanted to let everyone know about the latest happenings. The new RAM arrived, and I installed a stick and booted the machine. Like before I saw; 60 19 60 67 then it seems to hang on 67. As ASRock Support had mentioned this meant CPU problems, I reseated the CPU and checked for pin issues. Everything looked fine. After replacing the CPU cooler, I ensured the memory stick was inserted correctly and tried booting again. Now it seems to be back to producing 19, 53s. Is there anything I should test before I mail back the mainboard?

Thanks

parsec is offline Senior Member

Errors 19 and 53 are memory related. Since your CPU contains the memory controller, that is why you may see CPU related errors.

Did you try just installing a stick in one of the slots you did not possibly damage?

As you know, things don't look good, did you clear the CMOS/BIOS again before trying the new memory?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information