Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Z77 Extreme6 XMP profile and Dram frequency problem.

Default Re: Z77 Extreme6 XMP profile and Dram frequency problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Botfly75 View Post
    -wardog-

Sorry for the late reply, i have tested now with CPU LLC settings 4 through 2 and it blue screened on all settings except LLC 2.

I have a question for you though, should i be worried using a LLC this high?
    It's not normal for a non-OC'd machine, no. Leave it with the stable manual settings you're using.

Though, I would like to know what your voltages are doing.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Another out on a limb thought ....... (and most like the last for the night as my brain cells are exhausted thinking this over)

I assume the two sticks were purchased as a 16GB kit consisting 2 8GB sticks, but, please use CPUz and look at the JEDEC and XMP profiles of each stick.

They should match exactly, row for row, number for number.

If not this would/could explain why manual setting are working for you, vs BIOS XMP settings.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

parsec is offline Senior Member

I don't know why I did not suggest this earlier, but you can try to increase the VTT and/or VCCSA Voltage setting in the BIOS.

On your board, VTT is the voltage sent to the memory controller (IMC), which is part of the CPU. This is a memory stability tweaking procedure. I see from your screenshot that is set to Auto, which is normal. Do not increase this voltage much, as little as possible is the best policy, one or two increments from the Auto setting, by pressing the '+' key when that value is highlighted in the BIOS screen.

One issue here is, there is some confusion regarding what "VTT" and "VCCSA" settings are for on various Intel platforms, like your all Ivy Bridge system. Some guides say the IMC voltage is VCCSA, others VTT, and some a mixture of both. Then there is the factor of what the mobo manufacture actually controls with these settings, they may be swapped, etc. So you can try raising one of them a bit and if that does nothing, reset it to Auto and try the other.

wardog, FYI, check out this review of the Z77 Ex 4 and Ex 6 boards, for the reason to follow:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 & Z77 Extreme6 Review

IIRC, it states that LLC level 2 is actually the "highest" level, since this setting was goofed up by ASR. I don't know if this is true, just offering this to further exhaust your brain cells.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Another out on a limb thought ....... (and most like the last for the night as my brain cells are exhausted thinking this over)

I assume the two sticks were purchased as a 16GB kit consisting 2 8GB sticks, but, please use CPUz and look at the JEDEC and XMP profiles of each stick.

They should match exactly, row for row, number for number.

If not this would/could explain why manual setting are working for you, vs BIOS XMP settings.
    They were indeed purchased together as a 2x8 GB kit, if you look further back in the thread on page 1 i have posted screen shots showing the JEDEC and XMP profiles for both sticks via CPU-Z. I have since emailed Geil and they have sent me an RMA number so this is the direction im going to go in for now. I shouldn't have to increase VTT/VCCSA just to get my ram to run at its "rated" speed.

Furthermore, if you go to this link on the GEIL website: Downloads - Support - GeIL Memory and open, GeIL Qualified Motherboard List for Hot-rod Red EVO Veloce 1866 C8 C9 C10 Dual Channel Kit. The Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 is on the list of tested boards for this ram type.

If you are interested i will update this thread when i receive my RMA'd sticks back.
    Last edited by Botfly75; 11-07-2013 at 07:43 PM.

If you are interested i will update this thread when i receive my RMA'd sticks back.
    Yes please update when they arrive.

...I shouldn't have to increase VTT/VCCSA just to get my ram to run at its "rated" speed...
    I agree, but from Intel's point of view, 1866 is a memory OC, given the memory specs for Ivy Bridge CPUs. Plus you had to increase the memory voltage from the original memory specs to get stability. I'm not saying you are wrong or increasing VTT/VCCSA is a given for you, but that it just fits the current situation, unfortunately.

Off topic I suppose, but I'm wondering about something I noticed on page 2, post #15 of this thread, in the memory setting screen shot.

I noticed the RTL (CHA A) and RTL (CHA B) values shown for an Auto setting, they are D0: 32, D1: 41 and D0: 32, D1: 42.

My (unusual) Samsung "Green" memory has D0: 0, D1: 42 and D0: 0, D1: 43. It's the D0 value I think is strange, is it normal to have such seemingly very different D0 values for different memory? I can't check another PC easily, since all my PCs use that Samsung memory.

wardog, I forget what you were using for memory, and I'm just wondering what other people are seeing for the D0 value.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    wardog, I forget what you were using for memory, and I'm just wondering what other people are seeing for the D0 value.
    Z77 Extreme6 (BIOS 2.60), i7-3770K, with 2x4GB kit of Crucial Ballistic Sport BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0 :

RTL (CHA) D0 32, D1 36
    RTL (CHB) D0 32, D1 37
    IO-L (CHA) D0 0, D1 12
    IO-L (CHB) D0 0, D1 3

Along with the memory kits in my sig I just received two 2x4GB kits (16GB total of each) of F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL and F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR. Like to see these too? It's np.

I had some BIOS screenies when the sammys were installed but dang if I can locate 'em now.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Z77 Extreme6 (BIOS 2.60), i7-3770K, with 2x4GB kit of Crucial Ballistic Sport BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0 :

RTL (CHA) D0 32, D1 36
    RTL (CHB) D0 32, D1 37
    IO-L (CHA) D0 0, D1 12
    IO-L (CHB) D0 0, D1 3

Along with the memory kits in my sig I just received two 2x4GB kits (16GB total of each) of F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL and F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR. Like to see these too? It's np.

I had some BIOS screenies when the sammys were installed but dang if I can locate 'em now.
    Thanks much, and no I don't need to see more, but I appreciate the offer.

Crucial memory is a standard, since they make their own memory chips, via Micron, their other name. I was just wondering if my D0, 0 values were typical, and the OP's memory was being set to something in left field for some reason. But that is not the case, so never mind. Thanks for the info, filing it for future reference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information