Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asrock 970 extreme4 too slow SSD speed

Default Re: Asrock 970 extreme4 too slow SSD speed

This thread is old but I made an account just so I could reply and hopefully help someone with the same problem find an Answer to this issue.

I have a Samsung EVO 850 and ASRock 970 Fatality board. Samsung Magician kept saying that AHCI was not enabled even thought it clearly was. Checked in BIOS and Device Manager and in Registry. All say AHCI ?!?

Benchmarks were abysmal for an SSD but still fast for a spinning HD. After chasing down many links it lead me here.

I tried all the help that was posted from many forums (Registry settings to = 0 on specific AHCI keys etc, etc. AMD Driver won't work with Samsung... WTF? Have to use a 3rd part Driver... WTF? On-and-on with the numerous suggestions that did not solve the issue for me)

THE FIX (at least for ASRock Boards)

Reference dreamr's Asrock UEFI Screen shot from 1st post:

SATA Mode = Enabled (Fine)
    AMD AHCI BIOS ROM = Disabled (Fine)
    SATA IDE Combo Mode = Enabled (CHANGE THIS TO DISABLED! THIS IS THE FIX)
    Aggressive Link Power Management = Enabled (CHANGE TO DISABLED as per stevehrdt suggestion)

Save and Exit...

When Windows Boots it will say "Windows Need to Reboot for changed to take effect"... Reboot.

You will now see in the Device Manager that Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller is GONE! Just the AHCI 1.0 Remains. See my screen shot...

My SSD speed read and write went through the roof!

** Again this was on an ASRock 970 Board with AHCI IDE Combo option.

Hope this helps someone?
    Attached Images Attached Images Asrock 970 extreme4 too slow SSD speed-ssd-speed-issue-ahci-ide-combo-bios-jpg 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information