Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 990FX Extreme 4 Error 36

Default 990FX Extreme 4 Error 36

Hello,

I have a problem with BIOS 2.2 where it hang up on Error 36 when booting computer from cold. I've read that if you seat your memory in white or blue slots (forgot which ones for sure), it helps, but I am using all 4 slots. I've had BIOS 1.8 before and it worked fine, but from time to time computer would freeze when it would turn on. With 2.2 I don't have that problem, but it takes like 10-20 minutes to get computer to turn on because of that error 36. Also, I did try BIOS 2.0 and it would give me the same error.

Do you guys know if there is a fix for that? I contacted customer support but haven't heard back yet.

Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
    AMD FX 8350
    G.Skill 16GB DDR3 1600
    Gigabyte GTX 660
    Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD

Default Re: 990FX Extreme 4 Error 36

Are you/did you reset the BIOS to Defaults prior to and immediately after flashing?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Default Re: 990FX Extreme 4 Error 36

Yes, I did reset, nothing helped. When I updated the BIOS, it reset it itself. I had to put some of the settings back (fan speed and memory timing setting) and that's it, everything else is stock.

Thread Information