Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SATA3 HDD Not recognised by BIOS

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: SATA3 HDD Not recognised by BIOS

Odie, I only add chipset rather than just driver, since there are a few different Nvidia SATA chips, and there are so many internal details that I'm not aware of that I don't feel safe just blaming the driver. But I agree that it really is most likely just a driver problem.

Add to this I don't have any direct experience with this issue. Your experience with the Vertex on the two Apple OS's is great information about this situation that I did not know about. Can you ID the different drivers they each use? That could help others in the future if they have this issue.

I shouldn't of gone off on this tangent, since I've never heard of a drive non-detection issue related to this other Nvidia issue.

Instead I'll add another off the wall thing, I wonder if the OP's drives are over 2TB, and have the usual size detection problem.

Will try, mavericks has changed, so up till now haven't tried to look at the drivers. I have added drivers to lion, as apple is like most where they use solid drivers and don't care about performance.

I was thinking the same about size, not being rude to the OP, but as a general rule, seems like people who need a windows answer, don't post the OS but all hardware, and people who need hardware answer
    post the OS but not the specif hardware.

Puzzles are fun.

parsec is offline Senior Member

If it is a pain to figure out the driver differences, don't bother, since that issue is drifting more and more into the past. I'm just saying if it was possible to ID which Nvidia (if it even is one, what if Apple fixed it?) driver did not downshift SATA III drives, that might help some people. That is, if you could download it from somewhere...StationDrivers possibly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information