Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can an E7500 CPU be installed on an ASROCK 775 Dual VSTA?

Question Can an E7500 CPU be installed on an ASROCK 775 Dual VSTA?

Will an LGA 775, 2.93 Ghz, 3Mb Cache, Dual Core (Core 2 Duo), 1066, Intel E7500 CPU function on an ASRock 775 Dual VSTA Motherboard?
    I have checked the ASRock CPU support page and the top processor listed is the X6800, which has the same specs. The difference is the E7500 is a Wolfdale whereas the X6800 is a Conroe and has 1Mb more of L2 cache. There is no BIOS update on the Dual VSTA support page for the Wolfdale. Would it be dangerous to attempt installation?
    I'm trying to upgrade this old XP machine to Windows 7 which has specific requirements. As this 775 Dual VSTA only supports 2GB of Ram max, it has to be Win7-32 Bit which has a 1GB requirement. I'd like to install an optimum CPU. I believe the E7500 runs cooler. This is NOT a gaming or overclocking machine. Just for general browsing, photos, music, and email.

Default Re: Can an E7500 CPU be installed on an ASROCK 775 Dual VSTA?

No, it's not supported, so the only thing you can do is ask asrock if they will mod you the latest BIOS and add the code. There are some added features and the stepping is different, but all else is the same, so if it can't be added they will tell you.

Win 7 64 is only 2g ram.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 11-04-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Can an E7500 CPU be installed on an ASROCK 775 Dual VSTA?

Thank you odiebugs.

Yes the 64 bit is only 2GB requirement, but that also is the Ram capacity of the 775 Dual VSTA. It leaves little head room.
    I had hoped the E7500 would work. I had already purchased it in error. I've ordered a X6800, due in a couple of days. I'll buy a mainboard suitable for the Wolfdale and use it in one of the other refurbs I'm building. I've already built myself an excellent (by my standards) Z87 Win 8 PC. I hope to find good homes for the two I'm resurrecting. That'll be the end of my repair hobby. I can be rid of my collection of antique tech parts. Have been doing this since the early 90's. I loved that Dual VSTA though. It let me upgrade as I could afford to, migrating my used components to my stepson's PC as an upgrade. Very flexible design. If only the memory capacity was a bit more. As I said, this will not be for games or OC, just general home use.

Thread Information