Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: E350M1 Ram Compatibility

Default E350M1 Ram Compatibility

Hi all,
    i've an E350M1 and i wish to reach the 16GB of ram.
    Can i install on the mobo something like:

RAM DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Black CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 PC3-12800 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB) CL10 XMP

or similar..
    i need some help with ram compatibility D:

thx!!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: E350M1 Ram Compatibility

Check your board's memory compatibility list: http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/E350M1.pdf

Two problems I see, one is there are zero 8GB DIMMs in that list. The other is it seems any memory over 1066 must be run at 1066 anyway, unless someone knows faster memory will work.

Hopefully someone that uses 8GB DIMMs with this board will let you know what works. Otherwise does Corsair say that memory is compatible? If so, there's a better chance they will work, otherwise there is no guarantee that they will. But running at 1066 does increase the chances they will work.

It *looks* like the board will lower to 1066 anything over that.

If in the BIOS you're not able to specify the speed and timings it could be hit and miss what you're able to install.

The boards Memory QVL is probably the best place to look. PDF link to the E350M1's Memory qVL: http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/E350M1.pdf
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Send ASRock a email with the memory model number, ask them if they will mod the newest BIOS for you with this memory.

Not on the QVL list for this board, and also for the list for most other boards, they don't show this memory listed that I see, so they might not have it to test, you might be out of luck getting a BIOS. There are a few very close.

You do have some memory settings in the BIOS, you can try manually setting them dropping the DRAM to 533MHz or it's lowest setting. The rest you can try looking at the settings of the memory that works and change using those, but first just try DRAM, then others.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 11-05-2013 at 09:51 AM.

i've contact asrock:

Dear customer:
    Thanks for contacting ASRock.

E350M1 can support any stander non-ECC, un-buffered memory.
    If any question, please contact us kindly.
    Thanks!

All the best,
    ASRock TSD

Have you tried one stick at a time, and switching them around, I have seen a lot of boards act funny like this, where swapping sticks worked, where only one stick worked, but there was noting wrong with either stick.

If you try this and still not posting BIOS, then send ASRock back a email saying the memory will not work, can you please send me a modded BIOS for this memory.

Hopefully they will take the memory and test it on the board, if not, them PM PROFJIM, he is a mod, ask him to contact ASRock Emily with the memory problem and the model and MFG.

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    Have you tried one stick at a time, and switching them around, I have seen a lot of boards act funny like this, where swapping sticks worked, where only one stick worked, but there was noting wrong with either stick.

If you try this and still not posting BIOS, then send ASRock back a email saying the memory will not work, can you please send me a modded BIOS for this memory.

Hopefully they will take the memory and test it on the board, if not, them PM PROFJIM, he is a mod, ask him to contact ASRock Emily with the memory problem and the model and MFG.
    there isn't any problem!
    i was just asking to choose what to buy..

so i'll buy 8GBx2 CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 for my E350M1

thx to all!!

Thread Information