Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem installing graphic card on AsRock H61M-GE

Question Problem installing graphic card on AsRock H61M-GE

Hi all!

Iíve just bought a new graphic card Gigabyte R9 270X to replace the OEM from the Motherboard AsRock H61M-GE. When I connect the graphic card the PC doesnít boot, thereís no video signal, neither mouse. The coolers are running so the energy is supplied properly to the graphic card. At the Bios the default graphic selected is PCI Express but no boot happens.
    Any idea about how can I solve this problem?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Problem installing graphic card on AsRock H61M-GE

When you say, "... to replace the OEM from the Motherboard ", do you mean the Intel on-CPU graphics?

Since the new AMD 200 series cards are so new, maybe the card is not compatible with the BIOS, and an update is needed.

What BIOS version are you using?

Don't forget you must disable ONBOARD or there will be a conflict between the ONBOARD and PCI_E.

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    Don't forget you must disable ONBOARD or there will be a conflict between the ONBOARD and PCI_E.
    I've checked on BIOS and the selected card is PCI EXPRESS, not ONBOARD. Is there any further Setup change requestd on BIOS?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    When you say, "... to replace the OEM from the Motherboard ", do you mean the Intel on-CPU graphics?

Since the new AMD 200 series cards are so new, maybe the card is not compatible with the BIOS, and an update is needed.

What BIOS version are you using?

Yes It's the Intel on-CPU Graphics. I Wrote OEM instead of ONBOARD!! I will check the BIOS version and post it here. Tks

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    I've checked on BIOS and the selected card is PCI EXPRESS, not ONOBOARD. Is there any further Setup change requested on BIOS to disable the ONBOARD CARD?

Tks all
    Last edited by Poeta rural; 11-06-2013 at 05:28 PM.

What model PSU do you have ?

Make sure there is nothing plugged into any of the onboard I/O ports for graph.

Two power plugs for card, Disable IGPU in BIOS, the manual calls for this under xp, vista, but try it.

Then the monitor, if using DVI or HDMI, have you adjusted the monitor for either input ?

The BIOS version is P1.10.

The PSU is a OCZ 600W StealthXStream II, so there's no problem concerning the power!

Disabling IGPU in BIOS: I beleive it's only selecting instead of ONBOARD the option PCI EXPRESS, isn't it?

Sorry, I don't have the board.

But if you set graph to PCI-E, and don't see the IGPU, then it's disabled. But if you see it, disable it.

Have you tried to reset the card, make sure the card is seated correctly or she won't boot.

The PSU is fine for size, but that doesn't mean one of the 6pin power plugs isn't bad, rare if new but can be.

If you can't try the card in another PC, send asrock a email, give them model number and see if they need to mod your BIOS for the card.

If you can't make sure the card works, you might need to have it replaced also.

If the card works, the BIOS is set, there is only, the BIOS needs to be modded from asrock, or the monitor needs to be set to the input.

Besides this and a working PSU, I'm lost. Sorry.

Thanks Poeta.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 11-07-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks all, and thanks Odiebugs....I'm also lost right now!!!!

Thread Information