Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

Does anyone that uses Windows 8.1, and has an ASRock Z77 or Z87 mother board, able to use XFast RAM?

I have ASRock Z77 and Z87 boards, with Windows 8.1, and noticed that I am unable to use/create a XFast RAM drive.

On my Z77 Extreme 4 board, using AXTU version 0.1.257, if I select XFast RAM, I see a message stating: "XFast RAM Driver may not be ready, please try later". Of course, later never changes anything. I have "XFast RAM v2.0.9" listed in Windows Programs and Features.

On my Z87 Extreme 6 board, using A-Tuning version 2.0.44, the XFast RAM button is not active/available, it is there but cannot be clicked. I have "XFast RAM v3.0.2" listed in Windows Programs and Features.

I'm wondering if this feature simply does not work with Windows 8.1, or if I have another problem with it.

CaneMan is offline Junior Member

Default Re: XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

I don't use XFast RAM but I did load it to see if it works. It loaded and made a RAM disk and cached the files etc. Virtual Memory Paging Files and Ready Boost were greyed out.

XFast RAM and Windows 8.1-xfastram-jpg

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: XFast RAM and Windows 8.1

Thank you for that, looks like it does work. I'll try a re-install and see if I can even get into that screen, I can't now for some reason.

Edit: A reinstall of AXTU worked for me, so XFast RAM works on my Z77 board with Windows 8.1. Next to try the Z87 board...
    Last edited by parsec; 11-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Thread Information