Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESXi is not working on AsRock E3C226D2I Motherboard

Exclamation ESXi is not working on AsRock E3C226D2I Motherboard

I have bought a AsRock E3C226D2I motherboard, AsRock's specifications page for that motherboard listed ESXi support.

I am trying to install ESXi (Have tried 5.1 and 5.5), they both freeze on the "Initializing IOV"... screenshot attached.

I am using Intel i3-4130T CPU and the hard drives are connected to the SATA ports on the motherboard.

i3-4130T CPU support VT-x but not VT-d. I am not using PCI SATA controller or anything like that.

I have tired upgrading to the latest version of BIOS to 1.60 and BMC to 00.12.00.

I still could never get past the "Initializing IOV" message, it just froze/got stuck/hung every time at this point.

What is causing this and how to fix?

Specification:
    ASRock E3C226D2i
    Intel i3-4130T
    Crucial CT2KIT102472BD1339 16GB (2x 8GB) Memory Kit
    Lian Li PC-Q25 case
    Samsung 3.5 hard drives
    Attached Images Attached Images ESXi is not working on AsRock E3C226D2I Motherboard-hang-esxi-jpg 

Default Re: ESXi is not working on AsRock E3C226D2I Motherboard

Odd, ASRock states BIOS 1.60 to fix "3. Modify system hang at VMware ESXi post screen issue."

In the BIOS, under the "North Bridge Configuration" tab, VT-d is set "Enabled"? Looks like it defaults Enabled but best to check after BIOS update to 1.6 . I've seen stranger things with BIOS updates.

Um .. Under "CPU Configuration" , is the board reporting VT-x as Supported?

.......... some time later

From within http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www...-datasheet.pdf
    "SR-IOV and VMDq is not supported in hardware by the I210"
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

#1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Odd, ASRock states BIOS 1.60 to fix "3. Modify system hang at VMware ESXi post screen issue."
    In the BIOS, under the "North Bridge Configuration" tab, VT-d is set "Enabled"? Looks like it defaults Enabled but best to check after BIOS update to 1.6 . I've seen stranger things with BIOS updates.
    VT-d options is not showing under the "North Bridge Configuration" tab in the BIOS. It just say "VT-d Capability Unsupported"

I am using Intel i3-4130T - it does not have VT-d feature.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Um .. Under "CPU Configuration" , is the board reporting VT-x as Supported?
    Yes in the BIOS, it say VT-x Techchnoloy as Supported

I have sent a message to ASRock support, hopefully I will hear from them soon.

AsRock E3C226D2I motherboard should work on ESXi 5.1 according to AsRock's specifications page.

If anyone know what the problem might be, let me know!

Thanks

My guess is, using 5.1 anyways, you'll need to insert, using the ESXi Customizer Tool, the newest i210AT vib into the ISO before it will install.

Otherwise, they'll probably say to install with a compatible PCI/PCIe nic, update drivers, then remove the slotted nic.

If you would be so kind, please let us know what they respond back with to your inquiry.

Dear SuperRed,

Please update BIOS P1.60 and BMC 00.12.00 at the same time to try again.
    BIOS and BMC download link: ASRock > E3C226D2I

If you don't know how to update BMC, please kindly offer your e-mail to me via PM.
    I'll send the guide of updating BMC to you.

Thanks for your support!
    Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

I am attempting the ESXi 5.5 on ASRock E3c226D2I as well, I have a XEON E3-1240V3 CPU instead of the i7, the installation stop at the point when it stated that it can not find any network adaptor, where can I find the network drivers, I have also just updated the BIOS on the motherboard.

I apologize, I did not realize wardag already had a link to the problem that I encounter, after downloading the network driver and customized the ISO file, I had been able to complete the installation without problem.
    ASRock E3C226D2I, Xeon E3-1240V3, 16GB, Toshiba 3T drives, Lian Li Q25b case

Quote Originally Posted by tingtze View Post
    I apologize, I did not realize wardag already had a link to the problem that I encounter, after downloading the network driver and customized the ISO file, I had been able to complete the installation without problem.
    In just now looking back at this ASRock did post on the MB's BIOS download page an updated BMC file, revision 00.12.00 Dated Nov 13 2013.

Maybe if SuperRed is still monitoring his thread they can respond if the latest BMC posted corrected for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information