Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Various Debug codes, won't boot now

Default Re: Various Debug codes, won't boot now

Quote Originally Posted by matter2003 View Post
    Think I may have figured it out...need to install same modules in 1 and 3 and 2 and 4, not 1 and 2 and 3 and 4...will try this when I get home...
    Ha! I just covered this same thing.

See my post 7 and 8 HERE from a day ago.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Danni Capion Rasmussen is offline Junior Member

If you have reset cmos then there is no custom settings left!? i think your cpu has and gone to heaven..
    Try take a fan and cool the whole thing down and then boot up...

matter2003 is offline Junior Member

No its not the CPU, something funky is going on with the memory.

I tried putting all 4 sticks in the right slots, same issue. I then started putting one stick at a time in slot A1 and the first 2GB stick I put in it booted up fine. Tried to put the other 2GB stick in to go dual channel and got the 59 debug boot loop.

Tried putting the other 2GB stick in A1, monitor came on and stayed on but no picture.

Tried both 4GB sticks in A1 and nothing, no monitor came on but didn't turn off.

Went back and put the first 2GB stick in A1 that worked initially, now it stays on but nothing comes on the screen...

Seems like a memory issue, likely on the MB as I have no reason to believe the memory went bad when it had just been fine yesterday...

parsec is offline Senior Member

Intel and both of my ASRock board manual's state that the A2 and B2 memory slots should be used first, and are best for use if you OC your memory. Not sure which Z68 Extreme ? Gen 3 board you have, there are three models.

Try using just the 4GB DIMMs, one in A2 and B2.

If it was the CPU, you would not get past POST code 00. The microcode loading error could indicate a corrupted BIOS. You've had two separate microcode POST errors according to your previous posts.

I must admit that some of the symptoms do sound like either problems with the socket pins, or the CPU itself. Then again, other symptoms don't.

Regarding the memory just abruptly failing, that is how most electronic components (transistors, ICs, capacitors, etc) fail, just all at once. They either work or they don't. Yes memory can work and have errors running tests, but generally electronic components just die with no fanfare or warning.

I don't think its the CPU because it wouldn't have came on and worked fine the one time...

It seems like something is not working properly where the memory is being read by the MB as I find it strange that the 4GB modules cause the endless boot loops but the 2GB modules do not restart the computer, and stays running without turning off although it throws the same error code(59).

I've read other forums where they had the same issue with the same 59 code, and it was caused by a bad battery, a bad BIOS chip, or a misseated video card. I don't have my video card in so that can't be it, and I changed the battery so I don't think that's the problem. I suppose it might be the BIOS chip, but I would have to pay $15 for a new one and I have no idea if that's the actual problem or not...I suppose its a lot cheaper than buying a new board tho...
    Last edited by matter2003; 11-26-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks for the help guys...

Decided to just buy a new MB, got another ASRock for $76 with free shipping, decided it didn't make sense to pay $15+shipping for something that may or may not solve the issue, especially since the whole not reading memory problem seems to be a known issue many had with those boards...

Frustrated that something as simple as reapplying thermal paste and cleaning out a case cost me a lot of hours and $76, but oh well...

Of course the board just went out of warranty last month(2 years not 3 like the board I just bought)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information